Hondata on an LS. Worth it?

dc4tegaz

What do you guys think about putting hondata or neptune on a non-vtec, somewhat mild NA setup? Is it worth it?

Todd

token ex-mod
dc4tegaz said:
What do you guys think about putting hondata or neptune on a non-vtec, somewhat mild NA setup? Is it worth it?
what's your current setup?

i've never seen any car that doesnt benefit from a good tune, and hondata is a pretty damn good sysytem
hondata imo is always a good mod.... i've seen gsr's with just intake and hondata gain 20hp with a good tune.
if you add more mods down the line and have it re-tuned it will give you peak performance from those parts as well.

dc4tegaz

right now I have just I/H/E, but I'm planning to go on a mild NA setup, I think.

I read somewhere that some people were getting better gas mileage out of it too...I don't know how true that is though...

Todd

token ex-mod
with the right tune it's possible i guess

i can tell you for sure that you WILL get gains from hondata, it will maximize your current motor's potential.
what i cant tell you is exactly how much you'll gain from it right away.
if you do cams then have hondata tuned you wont be dissapointed

CHILD

all day all JDM
EMS's are the most overlooked and most beneficial mods you can do to any car with any mod.
so yes, Hondata on your LS will be worth it :thumbs up

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
all your questions were answered on the thread you made on AZTEGS....

yet ANOTHER member showing up :twisted:

speedin

The Transporter
while we are on this subject. can hondata help my auto (fix those shift points, reactions)."danm auto's" :D .

CHILD

all day all JDM
I think the best way to optimize the shift point for the auto is with an ECU chip....but the Hondata can help with fuel management problems and rid yourself of the redline (use with caution) lol

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Absolutley, like Todd said, even a car with just bolt-on's can benefit from a retuned ECU. And Hondata is arguably the best ECU tuning system you can get. It's not cheap, but you get what you pay for with Hondata, as with anything. There's not much it can't do.