Hondata

Catman

I'm interested in tuning my stock b18 and getting it professionally tuned. Any info about what I need to do or even suggestions would be awesome. So far I know I need Hondata and the program? Please help..

Thanks guys.

Catman

My friend told me lol. wow nvm he is an idiot proly. Anyways, he told me that you can tune a stock b18 with hondata and get more hp?..

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
It's really not worth it if you're stock. I sell the module if you insist on it, but mod it then go and tune

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
We can hook you up with the basics, intake, exhaust and header. Then tuning will help!

Catman

Ok thanks for the advice guys. I plan on doing intake and exhaust but possibly keeping the stock headers. Then I will get it tuned. Is it possible to have the stock computer tuned or do I have to get an aftermarket one?

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
You can't have the stock one tuned and by running the stock head you'll have no real point in getting it tuned as a intake and muffler wont get you any power worth tuning.

Kyle

What year do you have? That will help with tuning. Only OBD1 ECUs can be tuned in our cars, so if you have a 96 and up you have a OBD2 which isn't tune-able. And I assume your have a non-VTEC B18. Might as well get cams if you want to make some power. Research it.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
What year do you have? That will help with tuning. Only OBD1 ECUs can be tuned in our cars, so if you have a 96 and up you have a OBD2 which isn't tune-able. And I assume your have a non-VTEC B18. Might as well get cams if you want to make some power. Research it.
Thats not 100% true...

My buddy has an obd2a Hondata equipped ECU. Hondata actually released these things, I'm not sure how many of them were released over all but they do exist. Also there is tuning options for obd0, but good luck finding anyone to tune the programs (turbo edit is obd0 software)

http://www.locashdyno.com/store2/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=69&products_id=300

hgocasca

level 77 troll
S300 imho, is by far the best upgrade one can do, it makes all other mods operate at their full potential when tuned to do so. I have one on my bolt on b17, it allows the user to control everything.

Kyle

Thats not 100% true...

My buddy has an obd2a Hondata equipped ECU. Hondata actually released these things, I'm not sure how many of them were released over all but they do exist. Also there is tuning options for obd0, but good luck finding anyone to tune the programs (turbo edit is obd0 software)

http://www.locashdyno.com/store2/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=69&products_id=300
Mhm interesting. I wonder if it would work in a OBD2b ECU. It would be nice to keep my Immobi in my ECU.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Josh the obd2 ecu is nothing more than a obd1 ecu with the conversion harness built into the case to make it cleaner. That's all it is

Kyle

Mitch I think you might be right. There is nothing about it on Hondata's site and on that link is says OBD1. For for a second I thought all my problems were solved.