Hood Aliognment/ Adjustment Problems

Bsweeney

I can't get my hood to align properly. The passenger side sits up higher than the drivers side. I tried moving it around all different ways but can't get it to sit right. Here's the weird thing, when I take the latch off its sits beautifully. So i put the latch back on and lowered the latch all the way and now the hood won't latch. So I moved it up about 5mm and it latches but still the same problem.

RonnieJ86

u could also have someone hold one side while u pull on that passenger side and see if u can get it to close up the gap some

Bsweeney

Im pretty sure its original but i know it had some front end dammage on the drivers side. I don't know if thats why its like that.

RonnieJ86

it could be, lil things could throw stuff off like that but just try pulling it down and see if that works

justjdm

DB8 Whore
The hood is probably bent then. You can always try and twist it, like push down on one side while someone is pushing up the other side. It could cause your paint to crack though if you do it too much, so be careful!

itzrivera

can you get us an aerial view (over the top of the hood). by looking at it from there it'll be clearer to tell whether its the hood or due to the collision you mentioned it was in

Bsweeney

i got pretty much fixed i tilted the latch to one side and it made it worse so i tilted it the other way and now you can barely tell. I'm going to try to twist it alittle to see if that will make it perfect.

justjdm

DB8 Whore
i got pretty much fixed i tilted the latch to one side and it made it worse so i tilted it the other way and now you can barely tell. I'm going to try to twist it alittle to see if that will make it perfect.
Sweet, good luck! Just make sure it doesn't open when your driving down the road with the latch being tilted! Happened to me once on my civic! :lol:

Bsweeney

Best pic I could get at night with a spotlight and a crappy cam, but it looks pretty even compared to the other pic.

96tegra

Detailer/Mechanic
The latch may possibly be bent or one of the hinges off by a few mm. I had that issue when i first bought my car.