Hood release lever problems

XxRiceronixX

I just pulled the hood release lever today and for some reason it gets stuck in the open position so the hood can't lock up.... but when I look behind the lever I see a cable and just push it in and the hood then locks up fine.. just wanna know whats wrong with it and could I tighten up the cable to it goes back instead of me having to push the cable back in everytime I open my hood help please.... thanks

mirrorimg

I did a hood cable relocation and anytime I pull the cable lever, i push it back in before I open my hood. It isnt really a problem, as long as you can push the lever back in and it works.

00teggyls

same thing happened to me. i just replaced the whole cable since all the fittings on it were rusted and corroded anyway. only $40 from Acura. super easy to fix and do it yourself. hope this helps.

mirrorimg

curious, where'd you relocate it?

Its a common mod to do on integras. The brake cable runs through the fender, and all the relocation is is routing it along the fender inside the engine bay, then through a grommet in the firewall to its normal location. This prevents theives from yanking the cable from the fender and popping your hood.