hooking mp3 to headunit

cted

My Chevrolet be bangin'
i got a question im not sure if this will work. it has an rca input in the back of the head unit. could i hook up a rca cable to it? even though, the headunit does not have an input selection, just CD player and the normal fm radio.. i was told i can using the cd player selection but i dont believe that... any ideas?

gooffeeman

i got a question im not sure if this will work. it has an rca input in the back of the head unit. could i hook up a rca cable to it? even though, the headunit does not have an input selection, just CD player and the normal fm radio.. i was told i can using the cd player selection but i dont believe that... any ideas?
those aren't inputs..those are pre-amp output for amps

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
there should be a way to turn the AUX option on for availibility. my kenwood and jvc, you had to turn that option on to select it.

rockadilla

thats right.
yeah in mine u have to turn on the option for aux input

cted

My Chevrolet be bangin'
its a pioneer no clue what model. but i know it does not have the option for aux input

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
there should be.

usually, you have to put the radio in standby mode and then look thru the menus to access it

BeatBox

Real Good!
from the sounds of things i dont think it will work.

if its a newer pioneer then maybe, but not sure what model # u have

if its an older pioneer you might need an adapter to be able to play anything like a mp3/ipod