How big fuel pump do i need?

integrals06

Well heres the deal, im getting a b@m fpr and i'm assuming that i need a new fuel pump. All my car has is i/h/e........dont know how much of a difference that makes but im just curious what size fuel pump you all think i should get and what brand is good.

inline4four

I'll tea bag your face!!
255lph walboro. who cares what future mods, if you want to be fast this will be a must no matter what. unless of course you dont plan on doing anything more to your car, in that case then baldy is right.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I have 12:1 compression, 183whp, natually aspirated B18C1.
I have a stock fuel pump.
My entire fuel system is stock except the injectors.
I'm slow? Crap!

Gimme a break. :roll: You can't make a blanket statement like that.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Wouldnt worry about that until you drop in a Super charger or a turbo.

Seeing how your doing all this to your fuel system, dont worry about the fuel rail. Ive been told that they are supposed to be good up to 400hp.

PogKai

B20VTEC
integrals06 said:
What do you suggest i should buy? As of now i have i/h/e, cat delete, clutch and flywheel.
alarm, short shifter, ITR sway bar, vtec controller, cam gears... lot's of choices

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Aftermarket cam gears for stock cams? What's the point?
An alarm is a good idea, though.

I'd recommend lowering your car. How low is up to you, but any drop will benefit your handling greatly. Plus, of course, it just makes the car look so much better.

Baldy201

The stock fuel pump is pretty good for most if not all NA applications. If you go FI then you will need to upgrade the fuel pump if you are looking for 300+ hp. ForceFed has an upgraded fuel pump but he is running 14.5psi at times. So no you will not need an upgraded fuel pump.