How can I get more power from my Ls?

TEGGY_MANYE

I have a completely fesh ls with 95k on it. I have only few ideas of boosting the power of my Ls. For example new header,cold air intake, striaght piping. But these ideas i just here from other people. I was hoping if i can get some real knowledge on how to boost my Ls. Thanks:D

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
what do you mean by completely fresh? if you want to boost it and is a DD, you can make around 250-300whp on a stock LS with a good tune... you need to know what you want to do before you can decide something...you can also do bolt ons and spray some nitrous and still be reliable

DC_Five_Earl

what do you mean by completely fresh? if you want to boost it and is a DD, you can make around 250-300whp on a stock LS with a good tune... you need to know what you want to do before you can decide something...you can also do bolt ons and spray some nitrous and still be reliable

TEGGY_MANYE

Well by fresh I meant stock. And I'm not intrested in nitrious. But I don't know how to rebuild an engine. I know the basic concepts. But when it comes to doing it my self, yea I might need some help lol. So that's why I wondered if buying some new header,straight piping, cold air intake would do anything at all.

AE Motoring

i would boost it, get quicker gains out of stock LS, instead of pouring more money into bolt ons and not really gaining anything.

mirrorimg

Just so you know, when you say BOOST, a little light bulb goes off in everyones head that yells FORCED INDUCTION!!!!!

From reading your post, it looks like you are trying to increase the horsepower of your motor as-is, naturally aspirated. So yes, Header, Intake, Exhaust will give you some slight power gains and change the tone of the vehicle, but it wont make your car much faster. It wont be until you start internally upgrading the motor, or strap on a turbocharger/supercharger (or nitrous) to make some real power.

as said above man header, exhaust, cai, and most importantly cams! (and of course a tune) These will make a hell of a difference you'll be beating on gsr's all day long :)

TEGGY_MANYE

Ok, thanks ill try to figure out how to internally boost my engine. I don't want turbo. So ima go ahead and start investigating. Another quick question! When i buy cams, what kind should i get and do i have to modify anything else in my car before installing them?

DA9LoCo

So i am new to the forum... and i was looking into this convo, and im also looking to make some power moves on the 91 LS. It has 156.000 Miles, I mean it still run realy nice, would it be a good idea to begin adding power befor rebuilding.

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
What you're going to want to do is find a performance shop near you, tell them your goals and your budget, and see what they can do. Make sure that they own a dyno.