How can I hit 200+ hp?

dekaf

pǝʇuɐɹb ɹoɟ buıɥʇou ǝʞɐʇ
Ok, well, my goal is pretty much 200 or + hp on a b18c1 so, here is what I have on my list to buy,
Stage 2 head Skunk2
ITR pistons
70mm ported throttle body
Ported Skunk2 manifold
Header (no cat : D )
Apexi Exhaust
Rc 440 injectors

and obviously a tune

Anyone know or think I'll be able to get 200hp. This is such a dumb question since nobody knows the for sure answer. But I just want some comments.... :D

Last edited:

GreenTeggy

My name is Ben
you wanna buy me injectors?! aww thanks! lol dont forget some ARP head studs :) will save you the hastle of redoing it all hahaha

Spody02

Name: Cody
what is in a "stage 2 head skunk2" cause with just the comp of itr pistons and a little head work. i dont think you'll hit 200

GreenTeggy

My name is Ben
i think its possible, worth it? no but possible

phatintegra

Banned
You will need to port head, angle job and upgrade your retainers and springs. You can get away using RC310 Injectors. I would look into Adjust Cam Gears as well. A good Tune.

My buddy hit 207whp on a mild build B20/Vtec. I'm looking to hit 210-220whp on a built LS/VTEC Auto with ITBs this summer without spray.

Last edited:

Vtec-Pwr

OPP-O1-OH-DC2
i dont think u need 70mm tb and 440cc injectors, stock injectors can support up to 230whp. Also need port & polish the head and upgreade your valvetrain if you're going for more aggressive cams. what r u tunning on?

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
what is in a "stage 2 head skunk2" cause with just the comp of itr pistons and a little head work. i dont think you'll hit 200
Agreed.

You will need to port head, angle job and upgrade your retainers and springs. You can get away using RC310 Injectors. I would look into Adjust Cam Gears as well. A good Tune.

My buddy hit 207whp on a mild build B20/Vtec. I'm looking to hit 210-220whp on a built LS/VTEC Auto with ITBs this summer without spray.
You don't need to port the head, angle jobs don't directly help with power, and retainers and springs are useless because he's still using GSR cams.

OP:

The two upgrades that are CRUCIAL to making NA power are a proper header/exhaust system and your cam setup. Everything else is to maximize those upgrades.

Ditch the injectors, you don't need the 70mm TB. H22 injectors is all you'd really need.

To hit 200whp I'd go with Skunk2 Stage 2 tuner cams or something equivalent (check out the VTEC cams specs sticky), an Apex'i header w/ 2.5" collector or something better, CTR pistons (12:1 static comp), an Edelbrock intake manifold, a 2.5" exhaust, CAI, and a solid tune. There's other things that may need to be done but this is around the setup your looking at for 200whp IMO.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I wouldn't say you need a P&P, and you don't need aftermarket retainers.
A 70mm TB is too big for an all motor setup, I wouldn't go larger than 66mm.
440cc injectors are a bit on the large side for all motor, but nothing you need to worry about, they can be tuned to operate for what you need.
Be sure you get a header with a 2.5 inch collector
You ought to look into a 2.5 inch exhaust system, you Apexi is 2.38 inches, that 0.12 inch difference will help alot in the top end of the RPM range.

For comparison, I hit 183whp with my B18C1with these mods:
-Comptech Icebox (using stock intake arm)
-stock IM and TB
-Spoon cams (smaller than Skunk2 S2's)
-ITR outer valvesprings/Portflow inner springs
-stock valves and retainers
-Wiseco pistons 12:1 comp
-JDM ITR header/2.5 inch high flow cat/2.5 inch exhaust w/straight through muffler
-Uberdata tuned

A wide, high WHP powerband is more important than a peak WHP number.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
I wouldn't say you need a P&P, and you don't need aftermarket retainers.
A 70mm TB is too big for an all motor setup, I wouldn't go larger than 66mm.
440cc injectors are a bit on the large side for all motor, but nothing you need to worry about, they can be tuned to operate for what you need.
Be sure you get a header with a 2.5 inch collector
You ought to look into a 2.5 inch exhaust system, you Apexi is 2.38 inches, that 0.12 inch difference will help alot in the top end of the RPM range.

For comparison, I hit 183whp with my B18C1with these mods:
-Comptech Icebox (using stock intake arm)
-stock IM and TB
-Spoon cams (smaller than Skunk2 S2's)
-ITR outer valvesprings/Portflow inner springs
-stock valves and retainers
-Wiseco pistons 12:1 comp
-JDM ITR header/2.5 inch high flow cat/2.5 inch exhaust w/straight through muffler
-Uberdata tuned

A wide, high WHP powerband is more important than a peak WHP number.
:thumbs up /thread

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
if you are going to go skunk2 stage 2 you might as well go pro1 cams because the power band changes quite substantially

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I say don't go bigger than 68mm for the throttle body. What kind of header and exhaust are you planning to get? And you don't need 440cc injectors. 310cc should be fine.