How Do I Reduce Road Noise?

dkrathbun

The only problem I have with my beloved 2001 Acura Integra LS is the road noise: it's appallingly loud in there. The vehicle has 125K miles on it,a nd I'm looking to invest some money in new shocks, coilovers (maybe), tires, speakers, and when spring comes, another buffing and detailing to make it new again. I've done the latter two procedures before, and it's like having a new car....Except for the noise.

Does anyone on this extremely informative forum have any sugggestions for reducing the interior noise while in motion?

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
I'm going to guess your wheel bearings are shot.

can you tell which corner the sound is coming from? My teg is on its way to a 2nd wheel bearing being bad, and that sounds exactly like what your problem is.

dkrathbun

The problem is not mechanical in origin. As I said in my first message, the problem is road noise. Perhaps I should have been more specific and described it as ambeint or environmental noise coming into the passenger cabin. This problem was identified by Consumer Reports magazine.

Josh73

u know i think my wheel bearing is bad on the rear driver side, i hear something hummin in the rear

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
dynamat and a lower tradwear tire will get rid of the sound.

a) lower tread wear = softer compound = less road noise = shorter tire life
b) higher tread wear = harder compund = more road noise = longer tire life

take your pick on what you want.

DC_Five_Earl

dynamat and a lower tradwear tire will get rid of the sound.

a) lower tread wear = softer compound = less road noise = shorter tire life
b) higher tread wear = harder compund = more road noise = longer tire life

take your pick on what you want.
Dynmat also adds weight doesn't it?

01FTW

Dynmat also adds weight doesn't it?
Indeed it does, and a substantial amount at that. It also doesnt make much of a difference in deadening road noise from what people who had done it have said.

OP, youre going to have to deal with the noise, sorry man. Just get a really loud exhaust like I did (skunk2 megapower) so you dont hear the road and wind as much :nod: