how do u install a oil catch can???

teggyboi59

95teggy
I was washing ma air filter today and notice sum oil in the intake nd I don't wanna know how the intake is inside so that's the reason y I wanna put a oil catch can... if anyone knows how to put one or where the out put hose goes I would greatly appreciate it..

tunedteg

The output hose attaches to the L valve on ur valve cover. Right now the hose is running from ur valve to ur intake mani. Its the plastic L valve in the middle of ur valve cover. Its ano easy 5min install.

teggyboi59

95teggy
The output hose attaches to the L valve on ur valve cover. Right now the hose is running from ur valve to ur intake mani. Its the plastic L valve in the middle of ur valve cover. Its ano easy 5min install.
The problem is that I don't have the 96 valve cover I have the 95 valve cover bro ... which means I only have one fitting on the valve cover ... so do I put the out put thru the air intake??

tunedteg

Oh ok. You have to run the hose from the can to the outlet on ur valve cover. Its that piece that sticks out the valve cover right beisde the oil cap

teggyboi59

95teggy
Yea I know which one ur talking bout bro but where do I put the output hose?? Or could I use a lil filter on the catch can?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
the breather filter you can put on your valve cover to keep blow by (oil) from entering your intake can cause the blow by (bad) to stay in your motor.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i dont think it would go anywhere since there is no vacume i think they are dumb and hurt your motor more then help either live with the blow by (if its alot its a sign of an unhealthy motor) or buy a catch can (Mishimoto makes a nice one which is far more affordable then others)

teggyboi59

95teggy
i dont think it would go anywhere since there is no vacume i think they are dumb and hurt your motor more then help either live with the blow by (if its alot its a sign of an unhealthy motor) or buy a catch can (Mishimoto makes a nice one which is far more affordable then others)
Well ill try the breather if I dnt like it ill get mishimoto catch can...Thx bro appreciate it

tunedteg

Having that filter on your valve cover can get u a ticket(depends where u live). Where i live they can take my car off the road. Its not emissions friendly. But yea get a mishimoto catch can. Greddy is good to. But they are all really the same. Unless u have turbo, a catch can is really pointless and is just a mod to make ur engine bay look nice. But im gonna get one anyways