how far can a ls (b18a,b18b1) go N/A ??

jimmy_

DontTalkJustPoundGears
I Was thinking about building a Ls, Im talking about built head and bottom with supporting mods ecu, fuel system etc.. but is it really worth it. I would want to bore it out drop some good sleeves 84mm piston etc... Just trying to find out if i would be wasting money or not

dlo253

You are the first person to ever ask this... Lol, not really. Go browse the many NA threads. HT, nonV, they all have em. waste of money is relative and that term will vary a lot person to person...

96LSteg

Jemel
Most people will say it is a waste of money, but i think its cool to see how much you can get out of a nonV. I say read up and see what parts are actually available. There are not many trust me I know. But if its what you want to do, do it.

Nick_C78

The LS head just sucks when it comes to flow. You can get a decent amount of power though with a good machinist and builder.

96LSteg

Jemel
but then he would have to bore over to 84mm right? If thats the case then he should just go with the b20 all together.

Nick_C78

His original post says he wants to go 84mm...pay attention!

jimmy_

DontTalkJustPoundGears
Yeah guys ive never heard or seen anyone done this i want to give it a try but should i just get a b20 instead of boring out my Ls block then save money i wana be able to at least beat a gsr at least that but would want more from it if the project is done

jimmy_

DontTalkJustPoundGears
Ive seen one thread nd this guy was brought that did it made 200+ at the wheel

Muckman

Not a M0derator
211whp is the most that I can find with a little bit of research.

[youtube=211 whp !! LS 1.8 Engine with ITBs 9500 rpm non vtec power]vEutvZXAQQc[/youtube]

Tuned all motor by kBS P75 ECU
Crower Cams
Wiseco 11:1 Pistons
Stock Rods (ups)
Type-R Stock Exhaust
Custom Intake
www.tytcompeticion.cl

jimmy_

DontTalkJustPoundGears
That video kind of cleared up that in order to make a Ls pull 200+ theres alot of work to do and money to save what do you guys honestly think

96LSteg

Jemel
LSV you can make that power way easier and cheaper. or turbo your stock motor and make 250 at minimum with proper tune

Muckman

Not a M0derator
With both VTEC and non VTEC engines built the same way there is approx 50-75 difference in potential HP (all motor).