How long do I have?

Charly[horse]

Name = John
So I jus bought a new axle for my car cuz it needs it. But it's supposed to snow tonight and be super cold tomorrow. So how long do you think I safely have before I absolutely need to change it. It just started making noise earlier this week but it isn't too horribly loud. Tell me what you think, thx. And ya ya I am a newb.......

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
yeah, you can run it till it breaks. if its making noise then the bearings are probably out but it will still work.

Prozon

Kris
I ran boosted on a bad axle for ages. It's amazing how well they hold up lol. Just change it asap.

Resistance92

itll last awhile bro.

My axle boot split and the gunk went everywhere, made the noise for a month until i could buy it and replace it. ull be fine just dont be a speed demon on turns lol

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
mine has been making noise (which is gradually getting worse) for about the last 5 months.

mario_da9

Tex - Mex
i ran almost a year and about 20k miles on a bad one, never had serious problems.

but put in to matter the salt makes it worst.

maltedbarley

Charly[horse];980377 said:
Thanks, that makes me feel better! and the noise is just when i turn.
Like others said you'll be fine. I had that same issue (cv joint) and drove with it for at least 6 months with no problems at all. Just annoying..

fakitzjason

My passenger side axle was making clicking sounds and I drove it like that for almost 3 months. Then when I was pulling into my driveway, it finally snapped. Luckily it happened when I got home and not on the freeway. Change it ASAP because you'll never know when it'll finally give out.