How loud is your ABS?

gsr_nikhil

My brakes operate just fine from what I can tell, but when I'm driving it harder than normal and hit the brakes, I can actually hear the abs constantly pumping the brakes. Its loud enough to notice inside the car over my exhaust. Is this a problem?

Sent from my Moto seX using Tapatalk

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
The abs is loud during heavy load, especially during sharp turns combined with wheel hop.

Sounded like a blown shock to me.

But this was on my legend.

72Spitfire

Mine got louder and louder and then the pump motor failed. I didn't bother to replace it. You learn to feather from "manual brakes"

gsr_nikhil

Okay cool. Yeah its pretty loud but brakes work just fine

renarudo

I think mine is broken....or someone replaced it with faux abs and dummied the light so no CEL.

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
The pump should be silent, when abs kicks on it doesn't trigger a cel, that I know of.

It lights up the abs light and stays on for awhile, but like I said.
When your driving like you stole it and the abs kicks on you can feel the wheel that it's activated on rumble and bounce like a blown shock.

Nick_C78

The pump should be silent, when abs kicks on it doesn't trigger a cel, that I know of.

It lights up the abs light and stays on for awhile, but like I said.
When your driving like you stole it and the abs kicks on you can feel the wheel that it's activated on rumble and bounce like a blown shock.
When I still had ABS I would hit it hard all the time at the track and it wouldn't turn the abs light on... >_>

gsr_nikhil

Wait so if I can hear it is there a problem? I can hear my brakes being pumped. It makes a thud sound lol hard to explain