How many of you guys fix up your own cars?

GerardCB

Hi guys! I'm new to this world of JDM and fixing up cars, so I just want an estimate on the number of people who work on them by themselves opposed to the number of people who take them in.

Also, as a new guy, what do you suggest I do? My Integra is my daily driver and the only resource I can learn how to mod my own car is through youtube or friends. And youtube has very little on modding the real stuff.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

SoundEfx

You could get the fsm and learn how to do alot on your car.

It only takes time and the right tools.

Start off small, like an oil change and work your way up.
You'll save yourself alot of money in the long run.

98GS

These 2 threads should be combined.

Sent from my XT912 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

hndapowr

I also don't like having someone else working on my car. I try to do as much as I can on my own. Google,ci,ti, and ht are ur best friend when it comes to fixing on ur car. Turned me from an amateur mechanic to a mid level one

xZachTheRipper8

I do as much as I possibly can, besides machine work, im also a technician at firestone and I went to Universal Technical Institute to learn more about it haha, its more satisfying to race a car that you built

d@_b3st

You could get the fsm and learn how to do alot on your car.

It only takes time and the right tools.

Start off small, like an oil change and work your way up.
You'll save yourself alot of money in the long run.
x2
even a haynes manual should help you out, you'll just need patience, the desire to do it right and appropriate set off tools.

I think theres nothing better than the feeling you get when you realize you've made sure everythings done to spec and more importantly if anything goes wrong you and only you messed it up so you should know or at least remember what you touched and figure out what went wrong...

don't ever be embarrassed to make questions even if they seem dumb