how much power?

Ksan

Hey guys i was wondering im getting a new turbo. Im getting the Garrett GT28RS aka disco patatoe. I was wonder how much power or improvement i would make you think?

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
Hey guys i was wondering im getting a new turbo. Im getting the Garrett GT28RS aka disco patatoe. I was wonder how much power or improvement i would make you think?
I'll let you in on a secret; but First off, spell potato correctly. A simple type of potatoe (or patatoe) into wikipedia will direct you in the right path. Ok, here's the secret. It depends on what boost you are running. Do you even have your turbo manifold, intercooler and intercooler piping, fuel injectors, fuel pump, boost controller, and most importantly, a tune. You can't just go into a shop and say, "I want you to put this turbo on my car." Firstly, they wouldn't take the job, and Secondly, they would ask you, "Where's everything else?" and stare at you. And when you leave they will look at each other and go, "what a :retard:"

Just leting you know for your sake. BTW, the disco potato is a nice turbo, really good for Honda's. My buddy has one for sale too. GL....

hmongkie

so you're replacing you're factory b-series turbo with a gt28rs?... hotness... you're looking at around 350hp with a dual exhaust setup...

Ksan

hah dual exhaust setup? thats kinda rice dont you think? on a 4 cylinder.. im gonna have to pass on that one bro. thanks tho

Ksan

my current set up is= Stock LS block and heads, RC 440cc injectors, 255 walboro fuel pump, MSD Ignition(distribor cap, wireset, and External Coil), Meutek T3/T4 turbo cast iron manifold, a similar Turbonetics Delta 44 turbo (but has internal damages) thats why ordering the Garrett GT28RS, Custom 3" downpipe follow by a Tanabe Hyper Madalion exhaust, 28x6x2.5 FMIC, Hallman manual boost controller, Tial 38mm wastegate with open dump, step colder spark plugs (bkr7e11), OBD1 tuned with Chrome by Matt from DSG (Dent Sport Garage)

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
The Garrett GT28RS is not a direct bolt on for that manifold. The GT28RS has a T25 turbine flange, not a T3.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I'm curious to how they are doing that? Are they just putting a T3 flange on a T25 turbine housing? Or are they swapping on a T3 turbine housing but still using the GT28 53.85mm inducer turbine wheel? Hmmm

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
looks like they just cast the turbo housing with the t3 flange.... Purposely for Hondas..... Because i've always heard the disco potato was excellent for Honda's, but every disco potato I saw was T25 flange, and every honda manifold was t3/t4 flanges...... So their turbo with the t3 flange would be perfect...... They were smart to do that

Ksan

yeah like the edlebrock turbo kits for the GSR and the SOHC civics come with that same turbo. I think it is the GT28rs dual ball bearing or just the Garrett GT28r ball bearing turbo.. i forgot which one they offered with the kit.

Last edited: