How much to rebuild B17A1? Need Help!

The_818_Boi

Keep It JDM Bruhh!
My friend is selling me his 1992 GSR for $2000. The body is not in best conditions & will need work, but the main issue is that the OG B17A1 has 311,XXX miles on it, the car still runs ok and the VTEC seal leaks. The question is around how much cash would it be to rebuild the B17? I dont want to turbo it & etc..I just want it back to stock & want it as reliable DD. I dont have a lot of money so Im hoping it can be around under 1k to rebuild it.
Thanks in advance guys!

90tegDa9

I seen that db2 on craigslist. Well rebuilding it petty much will run u around 1k or less depending where u get ur parts. Also if u do your own work u save money there.

dlo253

All depends on what machine work you may need....And if you want to do a full rebuild or just do bearings and gaskets.

The_818_Boi

Keep It JDM Bruhh!
I seen that db2 on craigslist. Well rebuilding it petty much will run u around 1k or less depending where u get ur parts. Also if u do your own work u save money there.
You have? Its a 92 Aztec Green DB2 which are really rare here in SoCal? Im newbie on engine work so I would have to pay 4 labor lol Im hoping the max 4 the rebuild is 1k.

The_818_Boi

Keep It JDM Bruhh!
All depends on what machine work you may need....And if you want to do a full rebuild or just do bearings and gaskets.
I might as well do the whole rebuild right? I want the car to run strong like it should but Im on a budget of 1k so I know I cant built it to its full potentiial.

dlo253

Pay for labor? I doubt it can be done "properly" for 1k.... if you did it yourself it would be possible, but can't say since I do all my work myself.

The_818_Boi

Keep It JDM Bruhh!
Lol Those B17s are a rare thing here in Cali these days... but supposedly there almost the same as a B16