how to delete cruise control

gs300cky

ok so i noticed some people have asked about how to do this. and well its easier then you think...

first- open a bottle of beer then remove the 3 bolts holding down the cruise control module on the right of your engine next to the strut. (10mm deep)

second-disconnect the main wire and then follow the second wire to your firewall

third- you will notice there are two lines right next to each other on the firewall the one you want is the left one.now remember this because we are going to go inside and remove that wire. but first rotate the end of thuis wire to the left 90 degrees

fourth- find that wire/cable going to the accelorator pedal and wiggle it to the left/right until it slides out one of the ways.

fifth- while down there you will notice that just above the rest pedal (far left) or whatever you call it that there is a shiny metal box with a big thing of wires. disconnect the wires then remove the 2bolts holding this computer on. (10mm deep)

sixth- wiggle this computer until it slides out to you. now your done inside the cabin

seventh- simply pull out the cable thru the firewall. this should come fairly easy and the black clip we undid in step 3 will come with as well.

finally remove it from the car, wash your hands, finish the beer, sit down and sell your cruise.

j13

Keep It Clean
just buy an RS man lol, no cruise, no abs, no girly moon roof, much lighter car

gs300cky

all of the above lol and now i can do my s2k start button with the cruise contol switch hehe jk
no i never used it and im doin a wire tuck project

gs300cky

and i like abs... the sunroof well its a bonus but not a must cuz they look funny from the back when they are open
tomorrow i will post pics up as well

Last edited: