how to find a trunk leak?

GOTBOOST?

Who needs all motor?
How do I find a leak in my trunk? I have looked through and saw all the threads about the tail light gasket and rear hatch seals and all of that stuff but I plan on putting dynomat in my car but i dont want to put it in just to have it ruined by my trunk turning into a swimming pool. Any thought would be great. thanks

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
it could be coming from the quarter windows
if you have a sunroof, that could be a possibility as well. i dont have one, but i think the drain tube for it goes somewhere out the sides towards the rear.

mjones73

it could be coming from the quarter windows
if you have a sunroof, that could be a possibility as well. i dont have one, but i think the drain tube for it goes somewhere out the sides towards the rear.
There is drain tube on each side that runs down to the back corner of the trunk out to a one-way valve that drains the water out of the wheel well. The drivers side has a tee where the power antenna drain tube hooks in that comes apart sometimes too.

Giving the car a good washdown with a dry trunk to try to determine where the water is getting in is a good idea.

GOTBOOST?

Who needs all motor?
i'll look into that. if there is actually a hole somewhere could i just fill it with jb weld and call it a day?

SpeedGoddess

i'll look into that. if there is actually a hole somewhere could i just fill it with jb weld and call it a day?
I found a hole in mine over the summer. Wound up putting silicon in it, haven't had a problem since.

I took mine to a car wash and sat in the trunk to see where it was leaking (I'd already replaced the gaskets and taken care of the drainage issues). If you're going to take it to a car wash, make sure you take paper towels with you, lol. And if you think you have a hole somewhere, I'd take out the panels in the back so you can see everything. It takes like ten minutes to take everything out.

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
I had water coming in from the clip for the rear bumper?! Get in the trunk with a flash light and have a friend hose the area down. Use some pressure to accelerate the leak into the car. -Aaron

rexpepper123

yeah high pressure and a buddy holding your hose will do the trick found out today i had a leak on my driver door when went threw the car wash hahaaaa

bmac2134

yah i got a nasty leak in my trunk haha it fills only wen im drivin through the rain. not if im sitting stationary but i look under the car and all around the trunk and still havent found any holes