How to Get Sponsored in the Car Game Finally Explained

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
If you're looking for sponsorships to make your car faster, lower, whatever; take a look at this very informative video, and save yourself a lot of hassles :thumbs up

[YOUTUBE="."]OA4vDA1_6DA[/YOUTUBE]​

96LSteg

Jemel
:rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf:

SoundEfx

From what I have seen, once you're sponsored, you no longer own your car or you're their bytch.

If they want you to go to a car show, you HAVE to go or you'll get sued.

phatintegra

Banned
I have been sponsor by Meguiars, Dunlop and NX Express. The hardest part is writing a letter/email and send it directly to the company. Then the company will decide if your qualified for sponsorship. Then the Company will give you full or partial sponsorship. You don't own anything till your contract is done. There are requirements by the company that you have to follow. If you don't follow it your contract will get voided and you have to pay for everything that the company give you.

R13

The other asshole
Fuck all that shit.

I'm not signing shit that says "Cheaper prices on parts and here the slip to my car"

But I'm just a jdm street racer, I have not yet reached racecar status.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
They don't have the rights to your car, just the parts they give you. Most sponsor requirements are just to attend a couple of events a year and provide them with media, ie: pictures and video.

Nick_C78

Getting sponsored by the company you work for doesn't count Aussie! lol

Pat is right though, most sponsorships are just dealer discounts. They also expect massive amounts of advertising from you. Also, in most cases they only look at cars that are top notch...which in a sense are done and won't even be 'needing' their parts to begin with. They want to pick up someone who has already made a name for themselves..they do not want to make a name for anyone.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Getting sponsored by the company you work for doesn't count Aussie! lol
Hey I went through all the appropriate channels! :lol:

There's really a lot more opportunities out there than most think though. Exedy gives out a lot of sponsorships and you don't need to have show cars. They just want you at events, whether it be autocross, drags, road tracks, etc. TireRack sponsorships are pretty easy to get and give good discounts, Hawk's another one that's plentiful. Most big companies will give back as much as you give them, so it's just getting your foot in the door; but that's not as hard as most think. However going to your local McDonalds meet on Friday nights is not what they're looking for, they want to see you at the track, or at really big events. Plus like I said before, they want MEDIA, because that's what they're essentially paying you for.

Maybe discounts don't seem like a big deal to many people, but for tires, brakes, and other wear-and-tear items, if you're serious those discounts add up quick. Most of you guys who track all the time should know that well.

Nick_C78

We are just being greedy, because most of us already have hook ups from various sources..so Getting a discount sometimes is actually more money than our current hook up. Most people associate sponsorship with free items.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Most people are stupid :lol: Seriously though the best "sponsorship" is the Mazdaspeed parts program. I've saved thousands of dollars on parts because of it and all I need to do is two events a year.

Nick_C78

Must be easy to get a Mazda sponsorship. Not many people want to be associated with a car that gay. :)

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
It's easy because Mazdas are built to race, not sip gas and get groceries like um...Hondas!