How to get the most power out of my stock exhaust

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
change it? i mean they're only made to a certain spec and have restrictions that most are trying to avoid. header -> hi flow cat -> exhaust. call it a day.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
lol.

you want to keep it stock? high flow cat would be the only way you can really keep it stock-stock, but aftermarket would be your best bet if you really want to change it.

TypeR?

dyno tests have proven that high flow cats produce next to nothing for hp gains. even test pipes will net you maybe 1 hp over a stock cat. your best best is to upgrade with a nice header, cat back and straight through design fart can if you want to make a difference in hp.

or you could just take off your muffler and run an open b-pipe:twisted:

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
if you wanna be like that, why don't you just run open exhaust? strait off the head. that'd be a good idea too, huh?

A.) high flow cats arent designed nessesarily for higher peak hp gains, but you might see a couple more points thru out the entire chart. I hate when people look at just the top and bottom of the chart. The real hp marks that count are the ones that make the graph a "graph". Everything inbetween

B.) also, a high flow cat adds up to more potential hp when you get into higher mods.

C.) the EPA will love you if you keep a cat instead of running a test pipe.

D.) people that actually care what kind of sound their car makes will love you when you don't sound like ass when you're driving down the road

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
You can get a high-flow cat and get bigger custom piping. That's what I would do if I wanted to rock a stock muffler.

heykosal

Angkorian
dyno tests have proven that high flow cats produce next to nothing for hp gains. even test pipes will net you maybe 1 hp over a stock cat. your best best is to upgrade with a nice header, cat back and straight through design fart can if you want to make a difference in hp.

or you could just take off your muffler and run an open b-pipe:twisted:
yeah running an open b-pipe isnt fun. might as well run open headers if youre gonna do that.

TypeR?

i was joking about the open b-pipe guys. my point was that unless you upgrade the whole system honda already designed the exhaust system to work to its full potential

heykosal

Angkorian
well honda designed the system to be quiet..and nothing more. of course they designed it to work to its full potential, but its full potential is not making power. if honda wanted that the stock exhaust piping would be at least 2.25 inches. its not.

you gotta remember automakers are just now getting into the "tuned" exhaust. back then they just tried to make an exhaust as quiet as possible without losing too much HP.

it was like when any of you pulled out the stock intake plumbing and sat there and wondered what the fuck all those extra chambers were for.

TypeR?

well honda designed the system to be quiet..and nothing more. of course they designed it to work to its full potential, but its full potential is not making power. if honda wanted that the stock exhaust piping would be at least 2.25 inches. its not.

you gotta remember automakers are just now getting into the "tuned" exhaust. back then they just tried to make an exhaust as quiet as possible without losing too much HP.

it was like when any of you pulled out the stock intake plumbing and sat there and wondered what the fuck all those extra chambers were for.
exactly, which is why i said unless you upgrade the whole system your not gonna get much out of the stock 2"> exhaust system:D

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
You can get a high-flow cat and get bigger custom piping. That's what I would do if I wanted to rock a stock muffler.
Even IF you put on bigger piping on the exhaust the muffler it self still would be 2.25 and very restrictive! Best solution is to but a stock look aftermarket exhaust.. cuz OEM exhaust are made for OEM cars and specs not any type of aftermarket added to them.

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
i still maintain that if you are modding your car for "power purpose" and riding a stock or stock sounding exhaust then you arent a true "loud and proud" enthausiast, and should get out of souping up cars entirely.

i bet if anyone on a harley forum asked about getting more power out of their "stock exhaust" without making it too loud they would be laughed off the board.