How to get the most power out of my stock exhaust

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
i still maintain that if you are modding your car for "power purpose" and riding a stock or stock sounding exhaust then you arent a true "loud and proud" enthausiast, and should get out of souping up cars entirely.

i bet if anyone on a harley forum asked about getting more power out of their "stock exhaust" without making it too loud they would be laughed off the board.
Well I've seen some people who have fully built NA and FI motors who rock stock mufflers. I don't see anything wrong with people wanting to go with the sleeper look or sound.

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
i think its dumb ... you have a fully built car yet you are willing to rob 5hp or so off of your shit to be sleeper .... there are plenty of people with almost stock 70 horse civic CX hb's that have modded exhaust ... so having a modified exhaust hardly screams that the car is "seriously souped up"

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
Not all of us enjoy being pulled over by the police for being "loud and proud'.
its funny .. i thought it would never happen to me then i get rolled this past saturday

tickets for the following
front tinted windows
no front plate
modified exhaust
modified smog equipment (no carb # on intake)

DeAcevedo45

Second Glance
its funny .. i thought it would never happen to me then i get rolled this past saturday

tickets for the following
front tinted windows
no front plate
modified exhaust
modified smog equipment (no carb # on intake)
they checked your s#!t?

as for me, I rock a Magnaflow High Performance Cat, Bosal midpipe and Stock headers...my car sounds great at WOT but while driving normally i can barely notice the modded exhaust...however slightly modded it may be :D

no cops hassle me...and i get to enjoy a deep racing tone now and then

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
yea i thought they couldnt search your ish without probable cause but he said my exhast was probably cause so now i have to go to the state referee

im trading my windows for clear ones with some local dude ... now i just gotta get the screws that hold the front plate on

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
Well I've seen some people who have fully built NA and FI motors who rock stock mufflers. I don't see anything wrong with people wanting to go with the sleeper look or sound.
How about keeping sanity?

I don't know if I could ever go back to the obnoxiously loud sounds both of my tegs made after driving my civic.

I'd like to keep it quiet.

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
you guys mentioned the apexi world sport 2 exhaust ealier. if i get that will it change my exhaust note?? will it drone? or will i only hear it when i get on it. thats waht im looking for...