How to hook up Apexi V-AFC to an OBD2 LS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyofjapan

Does anyone know how to install the V-AFC to 0BD2 LS ECU??? Please let me know. I got turbo for my teg. I need to install it ASAP because it is too lag :cry: :cry:

Last edited:

slow_99integra

Stinkin & Drinkin
get rid of the V-afc...do the obd1 conversion and get uberdata or hondata.

Why do you have a vtec controller on a non vtec car. Was this Free. If so sell it and do the conversion.

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
slow_99integra said:

Why do you have a vtec controller on a non vtec car. Was this Free. If so sell it and do the conversion.
And sell it to me!!!

skyofjapan

slow_99integra said:

It is not free but I will going to Ls Vtec soon. That is why i bought it and I bought it kinda cheap...

slow_99integra

Stinkin & Drinkin
skyofjapan said:
It is not free but I will going to Ls Vtec soon. That is why i bought it and I bought it kinda cheap...
I Looked into the LS/Vtec long and hard, this is what i came up with....

1. Obd2-Obd1 swap with a p72 ecu
2. hondata s200 with a dyno tune.....for me i wanted vtec to engage so i could not really feel it, but hear it. the transition into vtec would be steady and there would be no dip or curve in the dyno chart....this is why you need s200 to help control vtec
3. with the higher compression, and added fuel s200 would control this...where as a vafc will not.
4. LS/Vtec is a very tempremental engine, and should be built by some one that has successfully done it before.
5. to build it correctly one would need....higher compression pistons, stronger rods, b18c oil and water pump, conversion kit, now you could keep the ls length rods and crank OR you could put the gsr crank with ls rods.
6. More options with hondata, rev limiter, fuel curve, timing, the list goes on.
7. Higher compression means 1 of 2 things....high octane fuel, or timing retarding (11:1-13:1) Higher compression = more heat.

There were way too many variable for me. Considering this is my everyday driver. boost was the best answer for me.

ltrain

a guy quoated me 500$ for hondata, sounds like a good deal? sorry i know its off topic

slow_99integra

Stinkin & Drinkin
ltrain said:
a guy quoated me 500$ for hondata, sounds like a good deal? sorry i know its off topic
Too many variables. I neet more info.... What is your set up, you boosted, what extras are with hondata, 3bar....

what ecu. give as much info as you can

ltrain

im all motor with a intake and exhaust, i know the gains a lil with this set up mabye like 5hp thats it

slow_99integra

Stinkin & Drinkin
ltrain said:
im all motor with a intake and exhaust, i know the gains a lil with this set up mabye like 5hp thats it
stick with your stock ecu right now. try to get all your mods done then do your engine management. it is better than having to retune your engine after every single mod. you need to think how exactly far you are willing and funds will allow you to go with your car. for simple breathing mods, engine management is not the answer. internals, n2o and forced induction, hondata or uberdata.

skyofjapan

thanks guys about reply my question and I found how and put it on already.. now my car not lagging anymore.... :D

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
skyofjapan said:
thanks guys about reply my question and I found how and put it on already.. now my car not lagging anymore.... :D
Why are you having two threads asking the same question?

Status
Not open for further replies.