How To: Install 5 Panel Wink Mirror

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
Don't be bitter Jordan:lol:
Haha well I wanted to get rid of the visors cause its just more a reason my sister doesnt want to ride in my car to school and home (she does her makeup most mornings in the mirror -.-).

Yeah Im going to get some rubber gromets and install them between some brackets to see if that helps the vibration. Will get back to this thread once I have the info lol. But yeah the winsheild mounting kit will totally help that too. I just want it to look clean :)

sumfilipinodude

I had one of these, but it ended up melting and bending in the middle since it was really hot in the summer.. I would suggest adding some support in the middle so it won't sag like mine.

And nice sig man!

Haha well I wanted to get rid of the visors cause its just more a reason my sister doesnt want to ride in my car to school and home (she does her makeup most mornings in the mirror -.-).

Yeah Im going to get some rubber gromets and install them between some brackets to see if that helps the vibration. Will get back to this thread once I have the info lol. But yeah the winsheild mounting kit will totally help that too. I just want it to look clean :)
The windshield mounting kit is garbage(and you need 2 for the 5 panel mirror). Had them. They don't hold up the mirror. They may help in conjunction with the side mounts.

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
this is what i was suggesting...
btw i have a really sad DIY fix for the melted mirror in the DIY sticky
works though
Haha i read that. Its good though if you dont want to spend another 28 bucks.

Just thought of something. Might be able to use the screw holes on the mirror and attach them to the visors holders on the roof. Will get back with all the info probably tonight :)

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
You think it would hold with 2 12' Subs >.< ?
Haaaaa, well ive never had a sub in my car so I dont know how bad your stock mirror shakes. But I would believe (if you really tried) you cuase use a bunch of foam and what not and hope it doesnt shake.

I use those rubber gromets which were fairly hard and it works pretty good! For being a 3 cent fix haha. Although I couldnt tell much cause it was at night. *just installed them*

Kinta94

everyone is getting wink mirrors now! I think they would be really confusing for me to drive with Ill stick with my broadway mirror 8)

but good DIY how to on the install!

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
Thanks man. Well thats cause theyre nice! And you dont have any blind spots! My neck doesnt really hurt anymore from turning and looking.

SOMD_GSR_STi

Flatout Performance
you can add a single window mount to the center and that will eliminate the vibration...just a thought to tack on the end of the DIY

EDIT: also it makes it easier to aim your Archimedes death ray :)
I was thinking when reading the posts and what not because I plan on doing this with my GSR, maybe instead of a mount itself, because there is a little room up top, maybe make a mount/radar detector holder. Just a thought.