How to keep new lug nuts from being scratched

Kinta94

How does everyone with after market lug nuts keep them from getting scratched up? or does no one really care and just put them right on even if they get scratched? Would like peoples opinions I tried to use a napkin in the socket but it didnt work all that great I just got my buddyclub extended lug nuts and prefer not to scratch them all already.

Kinta94

really? i just opened my buddyclub and installed one to see what it would look like very carefully and it already got scratched up.

Rich-PMS

Deep 6point socket.

Make sure there's NO dirt in the socket- or sand/dirt on your nuts.
And use the CORRECT size socket and you won't scratch them

Kinta94

I have some microfiber towels that sounds like the best solution to it. cause I hated scratching my first lug nut putting it on. haha but thanks Im going to try that.

99Integrags

Best way not to get them scratched is by keeping them in the bag. lol! Weird on the first try they got scratched? That's quite gay! Mine are black gorilla small diameter lugs and I've taken them off and put them back on at least 4 times and no scratches! and they where 40 bucks shipped for 20 lug nuts! Ftmfw!

Kinta94

damn mine are buddy club and costed 100 bucks new I got them crazy cheap though from a friend and they are brand new unopened and when I put one on they just scratched right up i was pretty mad.

bradster101

My firend used vasoline on the inside of the socket.... Its kind of messy but hey theres no scratches, just have to wipe it off after your done