How to make my DC2 faster?

RealFinn

I have a 96 gsr and I'm new to the honda game. So I was wondering what is the cheapest way to make my car faster and yet reliable as a daily?

Nick_C78

Get a 98 spec integra type r transmission. Should be about 1200. Requires no tuning, won't effect smog, is perfectly legal and won't effect engine reliability. By far the best bang for your buck and least headache.

Ganyon

Driver mod. Its by far the most reliable mod out there. Learn to push your car to the limit and learn how to drive it better.

Silver2

DB7 Driver
Are you using premium fuel? And if you can get real gasoline without ethanol in it you'll very pleased. I was.

Nick_C78

Are you using premium fuel? And if you can get real gasoline without ethanol in it you'll very pleased. I was.
I should hope so. Vtec engines require premium fuel from factory. Using anything lower will make it run like shit.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Trans is a good idea, like Nickolas said. Depends on what kind of driving you're doing. If you're one of those little fuckers that just wants to rev on me at lights, then intake, header, exhaust, and some stickers. Anything else, you'll have to give more detail on the purpose of the car.

RealFinn

Trans is a good idea, like Nickolas said. Depends on what kind of driving you're doing. If you're one of those little f***ers that just wants to rev on me at lights, then intake, header, exhaust, and some stickers. Anything else, you'll have to give more detail on the purpose of the car.
well right now im a beginner but later on i would like to take my car out to the weekly car meets and drag. but i still want a reliable daily

OneFastGSR

If you recently got the car just drive it for awhile, Make sure nothing is wrong with it, Get all maintenance done, oil change, brakes, etc. When I got my civic, I did oil change, Fixed all issues with motor etc over the next couple months, Than redid the suspension with new tie rods etc, Once all issues was fixed I started modding, New rotors/pads, strut bar, intake, About to put a clutch in it

But really the car doesn't need alot of power etc to be fun, My civic has d15b7 and it's the funnest car i've driven. Hits corners like no other. Just get a feel for the car and learn it's limits etc. New camaro's/ mustangs etc can't touch my d series hatch in some twisty roads, Literally. Lol. They pull on straights but they're busy slowing down for turns and my hatch just cruises through the turns. Suspension is by far best mods, If I had a bone stock car, My mod order would be something like

Coilovers, Strut bars, Rotors/pads, Intake, Header, Exhaust, LCA/subframe, clutch/flywheel, Than go from there

Since you're new to the car stuff my biggest recommendation would be don't mod it atm. Just drive it, learn everything about your car. Fix issues that show up, learn what parts effect what etc.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
If you want to drag race, get decent tires, I love Neo gens, a nice set of coilovers, and go run your car at the track. Chances are, you'll have a slow car for a while; but at least you'll be consistent. Consistency wins bracket categories. You can get bolt ons, and a trans, but I wouldn't mod the motor or boost until you hit 14s with a stock motor.

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Stage1 clutch
Quaife lsd
I/h/e
Fuel delivery

Id pick all those before a type r tranny, I hate short geared trannys anyways. Revs too high for me on the freeways.

Nick_C78

He asked what will make it faster. Shorter gears will do just that. Also comes with an lsd which will work fine for daily and light track. Don't need to spend all that money on a quaife for a street car