how to make your own CAI

twlplague

I've been wanting to make my own CAI...thought it would be pretty fun and i like doing things myself....anybody done it here????

MoJoJoJo

Banned
lol...pvc piping or lightweight plastic? with heat wrap to deflect the heat? and a filter? some clamps

JDMB18civic

at autozone they sell a kit to do that, it looks like the black hoses you use to route the rain water... lol

g3teg97

Super Moderator
You could to the modified air box thing. Speedin did that.

MoJoJoJo

Banned
its not a good idea, dont do it...just go buy a aftermarket intake, if ur on a budget, get a used one

g3teg97

Super Moderator
A lot of people get the eBay ones.

Personally, I'm not putting cheap eBay shit on my car. I'm saving for the Comptech Intake w/IceBox.

twlplague

no im not tryin to save money and im not gonna use PVC pipe or any type of plastic. You know that the people at AEM or wherever you buy your intake from actually bend their own metal!!!! WOW!!!!! thats what i wanna do. some people actually like to do things themselves, like me...i wanna say that i bent the metal myself to make my intake

konerri

why don't you just modify your stock air box and drop in a K&N performance flat filter. 8) no way i'm going with pvc pipes. f-that.

twlplague

well I was actually thinkin about that...but i like the look of an actuall CAI better lol....and i was gonna paint the CAI red to match the car heh

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Ebay intakes arent actualley that bad, I've had one on my teg for a while now. Think its was about $20 ish shipped, might be a couple more for the CAI I have the SRI.

Jmoney187

LivinLow
g3teg97 said:
A lot of people get the eBay ones.

Personally, I'm not putting cheap eBay shit on my car. I'm saving for the Comptech Intake w/IceBox.
Agreed... if ya aint got money then modding cars should not be a hobby for you

Darrell

Nothing wrong with an eBay intake guys, the only difference between those and AEM is the paint and the decals :p

oh yeah and AEM is CARB not like eBay brand.

graveyardhippie

twlplague said:
no im not tryin to save money and im not gonna use PVC pipe or any type of plastic. You know that the people at AEM or wherever you buy your intake from actually bend their own metal!!!! WOW!!!!! thats what i wanna do. some people actually like to do things themselves, like me...i wanna say that i bent the metal myself to make my intake
actually, a form of plastic or whatnot would be better than metal since the metal is gonna conduct heat. or atleast ur pipe from ur intake to the hole to be somethin opposed to metal. if it were metal behind ur bumper, the cold air would probably actually help that.

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
they make a kit now i forgot what the website is but they have special fittings and you can customize it however you want to. you can make a dual intake if you want or route the pipe to wherever you want to.