How to open the hood latch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
if the hood does not close all the way, pull on the cable running from the latch (happens to me on 2/3 of my integras)

mmyk

Hood won't open - PLS HELP

Actually in my case, the cable is ok. It opens up the hood about 1 inch (which it normally does). Usually after the hood pops open from pulling the cable, I'd stick my hand into the hood and lift the lever about 1 inch. Now the lever doesn't move at all. I tried wiggling it in all directions (not just up / down) but there is no movement. Therefore the lever isn't releasing the hook (latch).

I also tried moving the latch by itself by pushing it to the right with a screwdriver but it is also not moving - does the latch itself normally move freely?

iMoto607

This thread is a joke lol who can't pull a damn lever and pop their hood open? I mean come on and if it's stuck use your common sense and get that fucker open!

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
This thread is a joke lol who can't pull a damn lever and pop their hood open? I mean come on and if it's stuck use your common sense and get that fucker open!
The latches can freeze. It's not a matter of not knowing how to pop it. Please don't make worthless comments.

mmyk

The latches can freeze. It's not a matter of not knowing how to pop it. Please don't make worthless comments.
Thank you for stepping in when people with no brains provide a comment that doesn't help.

So, I still cannot get my hood open.... Wondering if I take a saw and cut off the latch (hook), will the hood still 'lock' when pressed down. I just want to make sure the hood doesn't fly off while i'm driving on the highway.

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Fighting the urge to troll......the urge is so strong......such an easy opportunity. Almost too easy, I'll be watching this to see where it goes.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Thank you for stepping in when people with no brains provide a comment that doesn't help.

So, I still cannot get my hood open.... Wondering if I take a saw and cut off the latch (hook), will the hood still 'lock' when pressed down. I just want to make sure the hood doesn't fly off while i'm driving on the highway.
Seriously?

98gsrDc2

stolen....
is this thread for real? ive having a little trouble comprehending whats going on here...yes i know " how do i open my hood"...but really?

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
is this thread for real? ive having a little trouble comprehending whats going on here...yes i know " how do i open my hood"...but really?
The actual latch is frozen. Not
The cord and not that he doesn't know how. He needed tips to unfreeze the latch and open it safely without damaging it. Your comment added nothing to this thread. Mods
Can you either lock or monitor this? If you can't help dude don't comment people.

98gsrDc2

stolen....
The actual latch is frozen. Not
The cord and not that he doesn't know how. He needed tips to unfreeze the latch and open it safely without damaging it. Your comment added nothing to this thread. Mods
Can you either lock or monitor this? If you can't help dude don't comment people.
ok...relax...i apoligize...i was actually just going to give u props on the pb blaster as opposed to wd water but...

Status
Not open for further replies.