How to paint ur disc's

importknight

ok i painted my calipers first so i dont think it would matter witch order u do it in.

1st: items u need: painters tape, siran rap, wire brush ,and high heat paint i used 1200 degree aluminum.

2nd:clean off rust with a wire brush.

3rd: tape up everything around the brake u dont want painted siran rap works good for big areas.
and then paint. PS on the part covered by the caliper just let the reg paint dry then rotate the disc and paint the unpainted spot.

4th:peal off the tape there may be areas on the disc where the paint dripped that will come off as u drive and use the brakes.

and thats all thats to it just make sure u dont over spray on the car or other unwanted places.

Last edited:

MoJoJoJo

Banned
I didnt read all of it...did u or did u not paint ur rotor

importknight

no i didnt paint the rotor if u look in the pick its covered in blue painters tape sum paint will get on the rotor alittle but it comes right off when u drive the car that be real dumb to paint the rotor.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I was going to do this when I get new rotors, not bad. I would use black just to keep the rust off.

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
Ominous G2 said:
I was going to do this when I get new rotors, not bad. I would use black just to keep the rust off.
will that do the trick though? cause i believe aftermarket rotors are coated with zinc to keep them looking nice and new. though im sure paint will help the edges and what not. eh whatever... i forget what my point was going to be.

looks nice

MidniteFreedom

CivicSI06 said:
Why not just take the caliper off the brake disc?
cuase some people are lazy lol you have to take off 2 bolts behind the caliper then re bolt it back on when finsihed and you gonna need a torque wrench and put 35 foot pounds back on it to make sure its tight. thast alittle more work if your lazy =P

James2388

Son of Disaster
never seen this done before...just one of those things that kind of goes overlooked, but...maybe ill remember this for a rainy day...???

B18TEG

BLACK DA
if you got paint on the rotor i would jus disspate because of the sheer heat, that pain would get grinded off between the pad

CLspec

CaliLifeSpec
good job kid!, i did this backed in 2000. and yes mines spoonblue & it still looks new. n/wz keep up the good work on ur ride.:twisted: :evil: 8)