How to remove antenna ???

bsampson

ok i got all my molding and the main screw that is on antenna and all the power cords and everything tooken off but i am stuck at this part...how in the hell does this come off? and my ride is a DC2

pepsilude

you unscrew that metal peice circled and i think there is also a bolt underneath. just pull out the cover in the trunk and you'll see it.

N 2DA EIGHBOR

dude how did u even get d actual antena off? mine wont go down anymore...i figured i just take it off and rub it down wid wd40 cuz like it stil makes dat motor sound like its trying to go up and down but its not moving anymore

pepsilude

dude how did u even get d actual antena off? mine wont go down anymore...i figured i just take it off and rub it down wid wd40 cuz like it stil makes dat motor sound like its trying to go up and down but its not moving anymore
your mast is prolly bent. same thing happened to me, i tried unbending it but that didn't fix the problem

bsampson

i have token pliers to that thing so many times i cant get it to come off WTF

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
well, i had this problem as well. but the metal ring piece you have circled BROKE on me when i was trying to remove it.

put tape around the area of the antenna and just drill that bitch out. that's what i ended up having to do. the ring broke for me, and it didn't release it from the assembly. so i just took out the old black and decker drill and went at it. ten minutes, and a lot of plastic and rubber shavings later, it was gone. plugged it with a plug and never looked back.

since the car has been at the body shop, they pulled the plug and welded the hole shut. now it looks like it was never there :)

yeamans17

When I used to do these at the dealership I'd just take a flat head screwdriver and a hammer, then I'd slowly and very carefully tap it to get it to spin.

For those with the antenna stuck up, it sounds like the plastic strip is broken or jammed as well as some bent metal somewhere.