how to remove headliner? DB7/DB8

nugget

I Love My Toyota.
does anyone have a DIY or know exactly how to remove the headliner out of a DB integra? i think i saw mirrorimg with his headliner redone. sorry if this is a repost but i've searched and couldn't find anything. if someone has direct me to the DIY or can give me a step by step procedure on how to remove it, it would be greatly appreciated. my car also has a sunroof if that matters. thanks

mirrorimg

It certainly is a PITA. Have to take each of the pillar covers off or pull them away, especially the B-pillar with the seatbelts. The cover for the mirror is a pain to get off, and I decided to leave it off when I reinstalled.

Take your time, dont get too frustrated. Might want to take the side cushions off of the rear seats, it make it easier to take the rear pillar covers off.

Good luck! Im going to be taking mine off again soon to put some dynaliner (dynamats absorbent foam) on the roof, and redo the fabric because its sagging some.

I suggest cleaning the headliner well, to make sure there is no dirt or other contaminants on it. Spray both surfaces with your adhesive also.

DCA

The 3M Headliner adhesive works well. most others i've found will let go fairly easily.

mirrorimg

I have been using the 3M super 90. The fabric I have used is pretty thin, so you cant lay it down heavy or else it bleeds through. I was going for the strongest they had available, and I think it is better than the headliner adh.

DCA

I tried the super 77 but not the super 90. I also tried Krylon and another one i can think of off hand

nugget

I Love My Toyota.
i plan on taking the headliner and pillars off and getting them professionally done. i personally dont trust my self doing something like this. im leaning towards a darker plaid pattern or just plain black suede.

DCA

if you take your time its not too hard to do. We'd be more than willing to help you out but alas your not exactly close by

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
im wanting to do this soon as well but on my DC, i want to paint my pillar bars black, if possible match the leather on the dash, and put black recaro jersey fabric over my headliner.

nugget

I Love My Toyota.
when wrapping the panels and headliner, what is the procedure that is taken to apply the fabric? should you do anything with the panels/headliner like go over it with a scuff pad (scotch brite)? im sure you wouldn't want to stretch the material on as it could alter the pattern?

mirrormg, was the reason why your headliner sagged because your material was thinner and didnt want the glue to bleed through?

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
what are those screw plugs called? idk i forgot, but some one posted them on a similar forum, you could use a couple of those to prevent sagging, there made for headliners, pretty small and i think come in different colors