How to remove the yellow capsule of fogs of JDM headlight?

bonspeed

PinoyDomesticMarket
Hey, I know it's noob question but can anyone show a step on how to remove these guys? I need to replace/clean mine because the right side one lit's up darker...

I see there is a spring on the bottom of the capsule but I'm not sure if i have to pry it or remove the metal thing that holds the bulb and the capsule...

Thanks in advance... :)

mirrorimg

They are actually inside of the housing.

You need to heat up the headlight to loosen up the sealant that bonds the housing to the lens. After doing that, you can replace the glass capsules. Google "Baking headlights" and it will tell you what to do. You can also use a heatgun to warm up the perimeter, but putting them in the oven is easier IMO.

bonspeed

PinoyDomesticMarket
Did you try twisting them?

yeah but it just keeps on spinning...

They are actually inside of the housing.

You need to heat up the headlight to loosen up the sealant that bonds the housing to the lens. After doing that, you can replace the glass capsules. Google "Baking headlights" and it will tell you what to do. You can also use a heatgun to warm up the perimeter, but putting them in the oven is easier IMO.

is that the only way to replace/remove them? because I'm worried that when I sealed it back it will start to moist inside... does replacing the capsule on JDM DC headlights apply the same procedure?...

mirrorimg

Yes. Same thing. Just think, if you could unlock them by sticking your fingers through the bulb location, do you think you can pull it out of that hole? Its going to be too small, removing the lens is a must.

bonspeed

PinoyDomesticMarket
oh yeah makes sense... maybe i'll do this in spring time because right now i'm too lazy to do it because of the cold weather..lol... btw, thanks for the info.! :thumbs up

3Axis

mothaf*cka...
You have to remove the fog lamp housings, and unscrew the bulbs. Push the capsules toward the bulb mounting and rotate.