How to replace and adjust your TPS

THE WITCH KING.

OMFG. This is going to help me so much. None of the other threads out there are anywhere near as helpful as this one! I was in the middle of trying to calibrate my tps and figured out that I was doing was wayy off. Thanks Genesis!

first_teg

Thanks for the post just ordered a blox tps cuz my car wont idle while cold all I need is a meter and hopefully problem will be fixed if not how do u know if its a limp mode and how do u fix it..bump for an answer

Braddakine

bump for a detailed post on the sensor....
idk though i did this exactly the way it says but my car still idles at 2500rpm and then jumps around to 1000rpm. im fuggin up w/this any ideas?

monoxide94

Hello all, New to the integra scene. First time owner, I have a 94 ls 4dr.

Can this adjustment be done with the factory tps or is an aftermarket one required to be able to adjust.
Thanks guys

seahtech

This is a great write up!

However,

If you do not own a multimeter the easiest thing to do is install it like common sense would dictate but keep the screws lose.

Start your car and let it warm up to operating temperature (lower radiator hose is hot as upper).

Adjust (aka move) the TPS ****SLOWLY**** and until the idle is where its supposed to be and your done.

This is the ghetto way to do it but if you take your car into my dealership this is how it will get done lol =]

Here is Honda's explanation:
Throttle Position Sensor
Monitoring
The TP (throttle position) sensor connected to the throttle valve shaft is a potentiometer that varies a 5 V reference voltage from the ECM/PCM as the shaft moves. When you use the PGM Tester to monitor the TP sensor, it can display the output as degrees of opening angle, voltage, or a percent of throttle opening, depending on how your Tester is set up. To avoid mixing up your TP sensor readings, use this chart:

Throttle Position
Degrees l Voltage l Percent
Closed (Idle) --- –0.2 l 0.49 l 9.6
Wide Open --- 90 l 4.5 l 90