How to roll cluster FORWARD

end005

Before I get shot for this, I want to make clear that I do not plan on selling my car, make false claims, and lastly, yes I know this is illegal, BUT....

Right now my car has 114K miles on the cluster. The previous owner superglued the "cool" white gauges unto my original cluster. Being that there is no way I can take off the white face w/o ruining the cluster I was thinking I just get a stock cluster with LESS miles than mine and roll the miles on the new cluster FORWARD to my current mileage.

Question is, how do I roll the mileage forward?

Agian, I know this is illegal and there is NO justification to it, but like I said, I want to roll it forward to my current mileage and kick the white faced cluster into a wall.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

**EDIT: Forgot to mention, this is for a 98-01 GSR or ITR cluster.
________
LIST OF DODGE CONCEPT VEHICLES HISTORY

Last edited:

Sammich

they are supposed to be able to give u a cluster that has the mileage thats on the car that's legal if i'm not mistaken...but...holdon to ur wallet....

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
you should be able to dial the cluster forward.

I'm not sure exactly how to do it, but take it apart and try it out. lol

Greenbling

yeah... take your old one out (once you have a new one) and take it apart and start messin with it
it can be done i have seen it

heykosal

Angkorian
^^if it dont work take the new clutster to the dealership maybe they can help you out and itll be less because you dont have to buy one from them.

end005

hmm...there's no way I can just hook up a drill and just roll it that way huh?

I just don't want to break things..even if they are my old ones.
________
Piero Ferrari

Last edited:

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
lol, no. you can't do that.

that would be awesome tho. you might be able to take the cover off and tick the numbers over from there. This is one thing I've never done, so I'm not sure what to tell ya... You should be able to take the counter out, hell you could probably swap yours over if you really wanted.

RanRan15

from what ive heard here my friends said you could buy a gauge cluster from some shop and they will roll the milage forward to your milage and they will give you paperwork that its legit and will legalize it.

end005

from what ive heard here my friends said you could buy a gauge cluster from some shop and they will roll the milage forward to your milage and they will give you paperwork that its legit and will legalize it.
it'd be pretty sweet if we could huh? a drill? haha. but thanks so far. i'll check it out and call around and see what I can do, possibly call Honda Co. or something.
________
MARIJUANA VAPORIZERS

Last edited:

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
I know someone on this forum knows how to roll it back. lol..I'm guessing forward shouldn't be all that much different.

Check PM.

RanRan15

it'd be pretty sweet if we could huh? a drill? haha. but thanks so far. i'll check it out and call around and see what I can do, possibly call Honda Co. or something.
yah just call and ask around im sure someone could do it.