How to roll cluster FORWARD

Mr. Upscale

I think you are looking at the wrong solution here. Most states actually have provisions for you to give notice of an engine swap, new cluster, etc that will effectively offset your declared mileage. In other words - there are ways of legally reporting that your mileage is off - then there is no reason to worry about the cluster anymore. Explaining this whole situation to a future buyer would be another story - but it would be fully verifiable.

soloteg

It's very easy to roll the mileage forward or backward. I did it to mine, I have the JDM type R cluster, and I rolled the mileage to match my integra's mileage in KM's.

All you need to do is take apart the cluster until you get down to the odometer enough to physically move the numbers with your finger.

I don't have an exact write up but here are some pictures i took of it apart, hopefully this helps

The best advice to give you if you go this route is to be VERY careful when prying up the needle. I didn't have any problems, i used a small flat head screwdriver. But people always tell me that they break easily and i can see why. Just work the needle a little to loosen it up, it should come right up.

oh and with the new cluster background, try not to touch it because the grease from your fingers will smudge it up lol

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
you take the rod with the wheels loose? correct

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
so you are matching kilos to the actual miles? i still would show miles on the title.

acclude

cheap bastard
you take the rod with the wheels loose? correct
look at the little "levers" or "needles" as soloteg put it that are next to the 1's in the bottom row of numbers. Those are what locks the number in place. Lift it up so that it's no longer locked and you can roll it freehand forwards or backwards. You shouldn't have to take it apart any more than what's shown in that last pic.

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
look at the little "levers" or "needles" as soloteg put it that are next to the 1's in the bottom row of numbers. Those are what locks the number in place. Lift it up so that it's no longer locked and you can roll it freehand forwards or backwards. You shouldn't have to take it apart any more than what's shown in that last pic.
ahh, i see