How to save Gas?

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
mobil 1 is supposed to help with fuel mileage

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
i have a lead foot so i dont know what gas mileage is, my lhs gets about 14 mpg, i can kill a tank in the teg right about 200mi.

joesrcool

When I first got my car I was hitting VTEC almost all the time, it's so much fun. Then I realized I was only getting like 220-230 miles per tank and was like ouch. Since then I've applied some self control over my right foot and have been getting 280-290 per tank. I still like to use VTEC every once and a while though. That's mostly city driving btw. I usually do a little better on the highway.

-Joe

GSR-Bojan

i got a 2000 gsr, and it gets about 350-400 miles on a full tank, there are lots of ways to save gas, use cruise control on the freeway, dont engage or use V-Tec, redlining also saps A LOT of gas, so dont redline lol and also, try to drive below 3k rpm's and that should get you a lot more mpg man.

mattkeem

i got a 2000 gsr, and it gets about 350-400 miles on a full tank, there are lots of ways to save gas, use cruise control on the freeway, dont engage or use V-Tec, redlining also saps A LOT of gas, so dont redline lol and also, try to drive below 3k rpm's and that should get you a lot more mpg man.
400 is pretty lame i dun think 11 12 gallons will get tyou 400 miles... thats like freakin hybrid lol

pluckt007

Fat guy in a little coat.
am i the only one that gets up to about 60 or so, then coasts in nuetral to the next red light? saves me a lot of gas, im even passing cars on the freeway in neutral. u could get about a 1/4 to 1/2 miles everytime. do that like 500 times a tank. and go to autozone or wallmart, or target, or your niegbors garage and get a 2 dollar bottle of fuel injector cleaner.

teggy604

yah im in canada too when ever i drive 400k i only used half tank of gas and im using a 92 octane as well on my special edition.. u might want to tune up your car.. but yah rob 1570 is pretty much giving you all the stuff you need for tune up.. keep us posted and let us know if you still having that issue cheers