how to take injector out

jznsn2u

take out the side clips gently and then it should pop up.

Edit* heres some pictures ->

Last edited:

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
unclip the injector clip(s)

remove the two bolts on the fuel rail and pull it out :thumbs up

uso_Dc

no, soon as you take off the fuel rail and the clips they just pull right out. and you need to be careful of the o-rings, if they sit in the sun too long they will dry out easily so as soon as you get it out keep them out of sunlight. had a buddy of mine not know that and when he put them back after cleaning out the filters, it didnt leak for the time we checked it but then his ish caught on fire right before he got home. that sucks.

JCNOOGEN

no, soon as you take off the fuel rail and the clips they just pull right out. and you need to be careful of the o-rings, if they sit in the sun too long they will dry out easily so as soon as you get it out keep them out of sunlight. had a buddy of mine not know that and when he put them back after cleaning out the filters, it didnt leak for the time we checked it but then his ish caught on fire right before he got home. that sucks.
well i will pull it out in my garage so no need to worry.. but o ring ?? what does it look like and where to get a new one

uso_Dc

the O-ring is on the top of the injector thats what blocks the fuel from coming out of the fuel rail and theres another one on the body of the injector that slides into the intake mani on the port of the head. they just keep the fuel from getting out into the atmosphere and igniting lol. but the ring kit if you want to replace they sell at autozone or something. its a kit with all different sizes and you can use those or i normally re use the old ones as long as theyre not cracking and dry rotted.