How to wire gauge

Havok114

My question is what did you guys pull power from to power a gauge I'm trying to hook up my wideband I know how to ground it but when it comes to power I'm a noob lol

sylvaner01

hmmm, you have a few ways.
You could play around your dash such as wires that are near your Headunit, find a wire which gets 12v when the ignition is on and 0v when it is off, this is called splicing and is usually okay if your not pulling too many amps off the wire.
you dont want to splice into a wire receiving constant power because then the device you connect to it will never turn off, draining your battery.

However,

I would recomend running a wire directly from your battery, that way you can use the correct guaged wire and wont have to worry about burning out factory wiring and blowing fuses.

To do this you will need to get the wire through your firewall, this sounds hard.. and.. well it is haha but you will find a way, look for any plugs on the firewall which you can take off and drill through.
If worse comes to worse I just drilled through my firewall when I was running 4 guage for my amps, you just have to make sure there is nothing behind the firewall when drilling.

once your through I would secure the wire to the positive terminal of the battery properly! pls dont just twist the wires lol.
you can then connect the wire to your wideband and just ground to the body of the car.
you can also add a fuse box to the positive wire in your engine bay, this way if you somehow get a serge you blow your fuse and not your equipment or wiring =D

Hope that helped mate

shahid

...from my home and I need to figure out what gauge wire to use for this project and whether to use underground...

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
For temporary stuff or if I'm feeling lazy I'll just stuff the wire under a fuse lol. But just splice it in with something that doesn't use much power.