I bought a 91 ls that has been sitting for 4 years

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
IS it smoking? You said you replaced the fuel pressure regulator, are you sure you have all that hooked up right? Also saying that it goes from a full tank to half in 5 minutes seems like an extreme exaggeration. If it is doing that you need to check for leaks and need to make sure that all your lines are hooked up right.

thedb63

IS it smoking? You said you replaced the fuel pressure regulator, are you sure you have all that hooked up right? Also saying that it goes from a full tank to half in 5 minutes seems like an extreme exaggeration. If it is doing that you need to check for leaks and need to make sure that all your lines are hooked up right.
yes white smoke and the fuel is not an exaggeration... it reallys is doing that ....the fuel is coming out of the exhaust pipe and the intake mani.... its snowing in erie pa the snow on the ground is black and there is a decent size puddle of fuel right underneath the exhaust pipe....i changed the distributer, new plugs,new wires , ecu, main fuel relay,map sensor, what else could there be unless it is the timing.... but what would cause the car to run really good one day and be able to drive it around the block for a while then go the next day and have the car start good run good for a minute then run like crap and fuel being dumped...which brings me to think that its not the timing.....again let me know what you guys think

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Yea dude get off the the timing, it's not that. Sounds like your headgasket is blown and your motor is toast. Bad rings and bad headgasket. Sorry man but you got jipped. Might have had some sealant in it to hold it together for a little and now just worn out. Sorry don't know what to tell you except new motor or time for a rebuild.

thedb63

Yea dude get off the the timing, it's not that. Sounds like your headgasket is blown and your motor is toast. Bad rings and bad headgasket. Sorry man but you got jipped. Might have had some sealant in it to hold it together for a little and now just worn out. Sorry don't know what to tell you except new motor or time for a rebuild.
ok engine is not blown so everything that you said means nothing other then maybe the fuel pump........i got the car to start and run awsome today...... my friend pinched the return fuel line and the car ran reved up awsome.....could the fuel pump be bad as in pumping to much fuel into it or what....could it be wires touching or what...let me know what you guys think

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
You said it's smoking white and fuel is coming out everywhere. White smoke means your burning coolant. All that gas coming out of your car means it's blowing past your seals. Your description, I'm just giving you an answer to what you described. The only thing that will make you car run too rich is if you have really big injectors in it or your diaphragm in your fpr is fucked up somehow. Or you have the fuel lines hooked up wrong. You said you put a new fpr in it. What kind, is it adjustable, is it new, did you hook it up right?

Last edited:

thedb63

it wasnt the return line that he was pinching sorry it was the supply ..ok you are absolutely right when the fuel pressure regulator was taken off i looked at the hose and saw and felt that it didnt feel like a fuel hose didnt think anything of it until today when i was at work today and it dawned on me....... i look at it when i got out of work today....when the guy put the engine in the car i dont think he realized that the return fuel line was pinched between the rear motor mount and the intake mani......he took this one line that is only on automatic intake manifolds and ran it to the fpr i didnt think anything of when i changed it out because everything seemed like it was ok............well anyway i got the the return fuel line unstuck and ran to its right place........and wamo the car starts instantly and running awsome ever since.......the car when it ran two weeks ago must of only ran good because the car was out of gas and was pretty much running good on "fumes" ......... thank you very much for all your input and im glad i dont have to pull any engine out because im sick of doing that......now i got a nice daily driver and my other car can be my weekend car and my girlfriend can have her teg back..

thedb63

it is a winner ....for the price i got it for and finding a dumb problem.....cant wait till you have a problem you cant figure out....and some a$$ comes by, doesnt say a dam word until the problems is fixed...then says your car sounds like a winner.....your cool buddy!:thumbs up:thumbs up

thedb63

It's cool man, I know I come off as a dick sometimes, but that's just my way of helping.
its cool it actually made me want to work on the car more... it made me mad sometimes but also made me want to want to fix it to find out what was really wrong with it...i so didnt want to work on because the weather...... the car is in the garage but in ERIE PA the past two days its been -10 degrees and it has not been fun....but i was (determined *spelling*) and you helped alot because i looked over some thing that looked normal.... but then it made me look again.........anyways here is a pic of what the car looks like

Last edited: