I broke my teg...

NON-VTEC

Ugh so last week i ran my
LS 2 qts low on oil and took a corner, it smoked a little and shut
Off...started right back up on the exit
Of the corner, i got on it again and had no power...brought it home and i can hear the valve train clicking so i think i hav a bent valve....but in order to bend a valve wouldnt my piston hav to hit it? I put a load on the motor
And it gets no louder so i dont think its a knock plus its too fast to be one, my guess is i smashed a rod bearing and the piston came up a teensy bit to
High and bent the
Valve...it runs fine, i havent drivin it since any guesses? Any help is appreciated

OneFastGSR

I'd drop the oil pan and that should tell you about the rod bearings. I'd run a leak down test or compression test for bent valves

NON-VTEC

yo if you dont mind.....whats the difference between a leak down test and just a compression test

gugiey

yo if you dont mind.....whats the difference between a leak down test and just a compression test
A compression test tells you just your compression . So if its low you don't know where your problem is

A leak down test allows for future diagnosing after a compression test to see where your problem is . Like a bent valve or bad rings or head gasket and so on .