I Don't know which radiator to buy! F@$#!!!!!!

TruMethodNj

I'm going nuts. My stock radiator just cracked. I KNOW that the radiator in my 2001 GSR is stamped SHOWA.

I don't mind getting the same radiator, in fact I want the same one. I don't want to have to buy new fans or blah blah blah. HOWEVER when I look at the pictures of the koyo showa, it does not seem to have the same mounts on it for my stock fans. From what I understand, the stock fans should fit. THIS IS DRIVING ME UP THE WALL.

WHAT RADIATOR DO I BUY? AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE? I AM BROKE, SO THE ANSWER NEEDS TO BE CHEAP PLEASE. thanks.

PS - i'm stressed the eff out

mirrorimg

Are you looking at stock replacement radiators? Or the actual KOYO full aluminum radiator?

Some pictures may be generic, and not reflect the product you are purchasing.

HondaDNA

Dude go to Napa tell them you have a 2001 Acura Integra and need a radiator. $120 and your stock fans will bolt on with no problems.

TruMethodNj

No i want something of quality. I would like to put a koyo in there or something that's not garbage

TruMethodNj

oh and i tired going to napa, but all they have is garbage. if i need to replace something, it will be quality, or at least something decent. the last time i went there, the radiators had the ATF hoses, and mine does not have those.

TruMethodNj

i don't give a shit at this point - i'll super glue those things down. I just want a damn showa radiator.

TruMethodNj

I love that thing, but i don't need an R series. I just need the regular Koyo OEM replacement. do you have that?

excalibur23

I love that thing, but i don't need an R series. I just need the regular Koyo OEM replacement. do you have that?
If u can't buy a good radiator, ur ONLY OPTION is to: a- go 2 the junkyard and get one, b- got 2 a pepboys, autozone, advance autoparts or c- my fav option, go 2 ur local Acura dealer and they will get ur exact oem radiator. That's it! Or u can use option d- weld ur crack, good luck.

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, I don't have those. I can get the S series which is cheaper but that is marked as Denso style.

Mishimoto FTW!
These are in-stock but according to Mishimoto you'll need a universal fan or fan shroud as the stock fan won't bolt up.

johnnie_ringo12

I just put a godspeed all aluminum in my 98 gsr manual trans....both fans bolted up had to take some hardware of old radiator and remove a wire bracket on one fan shroud really happy