i hate evo kids....

evoeatr

this kid i work with has a stock evo 8, and wont shut his mouth about its"superiority" to my 97 teg. its a boosted b18b with a thermal exhaust and some ngk plugs and wires, but thats it as far as engine mods, suspension work is done, but how much prep work on the bottom end would i need too run the b16 head with about 16 psi, so i can shut this kid up?

CHILD

all day all JDM
i think EVo 8's run high 13's stock with a good driver....so just some lower compression pistons, maybe some strong valve springs and retainers and up the boost. A turbo B18B can get into the 13's no problem.....traction will be your biggest issue, not the power

I know an EVo guy near me....and he can't get lower than a 14.3! a lot depends on the driver too, remember that.

CHILD

all day all JDM
BoostedITR41 said:
no evos run very low 13's stock with a good driver.

you do not need a vtec head to make power dude.
good thing i didnt say they did :lol:

MoJoJoJo

Banned
i hate those guys in those impalas, caprice, crown victoria etc...with bunch of stickers and flashy lights, and those gay red,bue,white lights on top of their cars.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
If I had the money, I'd be an Evo kid :) I'd buy an Evo over an Sti. Evo's do indeed run low 13's stock, Sti's are a little faster, but Evo's hadle a touch better. And look better, imo. Sorry I don't mean to turn this into an Evo vs, Sti thread, I'm just yappin' away.

Do you have a B16 head now?

speedin

The Transporter
TegSox said:
If I had the money, I'd be an Evo kid :) I'd buy an Evo over an Sti. Evo's do indeed run low 13's stock, Sti's are a little faster, but Evo's hadle a touch better. And look better, imo. Sorry I don't mean to turn this into an Evo vs, Sti thread, I'm just yappin' away.

Do you have a B16 head now?
DONT MAKE ME PUT MY FOOT UP YO ASS, j/k. dont get me started evo vs sti. truth is they are superior to our cars. but they cost more. ian im not talking just 1/4 mile fast here, i am compairing all aspects of the cars, and they are better.

MoJoJoJo

Banned
if i had money...i'll get a 4x4 full size bed, quad cab diesel turbo powerstroke F-350 Heavy Duty Truck.....yea...i got tough trucks...not monster truck. yea wouldnt think thats something i want...i mean 20 yr. viet kid who hates country music...but yea...nuttin beats a big tough truck

01cleatus

I got a buddy with a 03 Evo and he runs high 12's, he isn't running at stock psi...I'll just leave it at that.

DA6streetsleepr

man the only the thing I hate about all the fast ass newer cars that are owned by younger kids. Is this plain and simple, their parents buy it for them. OR they actually do buy it themselves but as we all know they dont have to do shit to make the car fast except be a good driver. Now we on the other hand have to take a fairly slow car that starts off stock and mod the hell out of it to make it go fast. But in the end, were the ones who take fourbangers and make them spank V8s and fourcylinder turbos alike. So basically its look better on us in the long run for having slow stock cars and making them insanely fast modified cars. THats just my opinion.

boosted_integ

i have a buddy that has an sti that runs mid 11's EVO's SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how many pounds of boost are you running right now on just your ls with stock internals? I've known of a couple people to run high boost on the LS and they lasted for a while? i would put the b18c1 head on instead of the b16.............................. but the biggest issue with boost is tunning/ engine management........................ I've heard neptunes is amazing engine management!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but you could beat the evo on the motor you have now just need some engine management and bigger injectors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but evo's suck so you better shut him up ha ha............................ good luck bro

evoeatr

boost

[i have the w/g set at 9 right now with stock internals but the old girl has 110gs on it. my buddy had a 95 civic with a d16 that bitch had 130gs and he was running a t3/4 with 7 and had no problems, and i know a guy that runs 12 psi with the same motor, but it only has 76 grand on it. I just spent 3 gs on new rims and a full itr interior, jdm cluster clock and all, so now i dont have enough cash to prep the bottom end befor i slap the head on.......damn, but my quesation is how much boost can i play with before my pistons give me a cowl induction!?

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
evoeatr said:
[i have the w/g set at 9 right now with stock internals but the old girl has 110gs on it. my buddy had a 95 civic with a d16 that bitch had 130gs and he was running a t3/4 with 7 and had no problems, and i know a guy that runs 12 psi with the same motor, but it only has 76 grand on it. I just spent 3 gs on new rims and a full itr interior, jdm cluster clock and all, so now i dont have enough cash to prep the bottom end befor i slap the head on.......damn, but my quesation is how much boost can i play with before my pistons give me a cowl induction!?
I understood about 25% of this post. What are gs's?