i have a question about a 95 integra gsr

3gfool

btw hello everyone im new here im about to get a 95 gsr and i was wondering how could i tell if the car has the reg i4 engine or the i41 engine? please let me know if anyone knows how to tell the difference :suprise:

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
Is tamped in big letters on the front of the block right side there the tranny and engine meet, shouls say b18c1

It seems that the 1 is an indication here of the motor being the B18C-R(JDM type R), as opposed to the B18C(JDM GSR). I assume that this is used to differentiate the two as the Japanese motors don't have the number(1 or 5) on the casting.
Either way, you won't find that i41 on the car. As stated above, you'll need to look for the code "B18C1" on the block casting.

3gfool

It seems that the 1 is an indication here of the motor being the B18C-R(JDM type R), as opposed to the B18C(JDM GSR). I assume that this is used to differentiate the two as the Japanese motors don't have the number(1 or 5) on the casting.
Either way, you won't find that i41 on the car. As stated above, you'll need to look for the code "B18C1" on the block casting.
yeah i just found out its a b18c1

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
no such thing. they are refering to the b18c5, the numbers are too low for a jdm motor for the type r standard. type r is 200hp range.