I have no clue where to begin!

inteeegraaaaaa

I am stumped and have no clue what to do next. I currently own a 95 gsr that was given to me just over a year ago and until now i have not had the money to do much with it other then oil changes and gas.

Back ground on the car.

It is a 95 milano redish (major fade in some spots!) The car had been involved in one accident in 2000 that caused it to be a total loss. The owner then who was an ASE mechanic repaired the body but as far as i can tell he never replaced the airbags. The yellow plugs labeled srs are not connected to the drivers column or under the dash. This is not a big deal to me since i plan to get a removable steering wheel in the future. Now, in 2008 the original b18c motor blew and at the time the owner could not afford to replace it so he swapped in a ls motor, again no big deal the vtec harness is still in the car. ( i have 2 plugs on the passenger side of the car that are unused.) In the summer of 2009 my friend purchased the car as a dd but soon grew to hate his 2hr commute in dc traffic with a 5spd so he ended up giving it to me last december. Was stolen and recovered in Las Vegas in may 2010.

Present.

A few weeks into owning the car i realized my check engine light never came on, i figured it was the bulb and since the car ran fine i didn't bother investigating. Today after work i decided i wanted to look into fixing this problem. I went online printed out a pin out for a p75 odb1 ecu and went to work on the car. Needless to say to my surprise i have an obd2 ecu...

Long story short, i have a obd2 ecu in my car yet i don't have a obd2 diagnostic port, just the 2 wire one from the original ecu. So my question is how am i supposed to get the codes?

I had planned on rebuilding this car, but with this latest wiring debacle idk if i still want to do it.

Sorry for the long post but i could really use some help.

inteeegraaaaaa

could i hook up a light to the wire the comes out of port a18 and then ground it to get codes?