I have really quick clutch engagement. Is this normal?

Rockworthy

Hello forum! I have a great question for the masses: I was just wondering if my clutch is being weird or is it just how they are in 2nd gen Integras? What it does is, the clutch engagement is very quick. The engagement is at the exact middle of pedal travel, which is great, but it goes from not engaged to fully engaged in about a 1/2 inch of pedal travel! Is that normal for these cars? I'm not exactly complaining but it does seem a bit odd. Overall I love my little silver Integra though. It's my first Acura, and I can see why Acura has become such an expensive, high-quality brand over the years.

Rockworthy

How many miles on the car? And has the clutch ever b changed?
It's got a lot of miles: around 164,000 :) The clutch strength overall seems plenty strong though, I haven't noticed any slippage, even while doing aggressive shifting/throttle use. I have noticed, sometimes, a slight grinding when shifting into 2nd gear, which I'm guessing is a synchro starting to show it's age, and from what I've heard on other cars, 2nd gear synchros have the toughest job of all because of the RPM difference between 1st and 2nd is the greatest.

Rockworthy

thy have cable trannys so you can adjust the linkage
Oh really??? :shock: That's great news then, I'm super glad there's an adjustment for it. Do you have a link for anyone who's done a write-up on the job with pictures, tools needed, etc? I'm very interested.

Prozon

Kris
Mine is the exact same way. I've tried adjusting it, I just assumed it was how the cable clutches worked. About halfway it starts to engage and it engages in no time at all lol.

Prozon

Kris
What if he didn't know what the adjustment knob was? :p
The link helps if you don't know though.

(Unless you were referring to me, in which case.. I've adjusted the clutch and it still feels like that. )