i need anwsers!!

93b18tegg

i cleaned iacv and now the car at idle is about 100-200rpms was at like 500 b4 cleaning what did i do wrong ??? i cant figure out why its not idleing right and choppy acceleration b4 2500 rpms

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Did you make sure everything is properly put back. I'm not at all an expert, but maybe a vacuum leak? Do you surge power at idle or hear a whistling from the engine bay?

TheSkygun

Can you explain more of how you disconnected everything or if you followed a guide and any problems you might have ran into as you were pulling apart, putting back together, any extra parts, the gasket on the iacv?

93b18tegg

i disconnected the connector then un hooked both coolant lines then took iac to my bathroom with brake cleaner sprayed it a few times came clean let sit for 15-20 mins reinstalled then forgot to plug in connector when i started my car so i got out and re connected

TheSkygun

Did you do anything to the gasket? , how long have you driven your car after doing all this, maybe it just needs to adjust to the air flow now

TheSkygun

Hmm, how about what og said? Any of that when you drove?

93b18tegg

well i drove a town over and still same not quite as bad rpms build to 600 if let sit and idle so im hoping it gets better

Nick_C78

Any check engine lights? How does the plug look? And how is your acceleration now? The IACV should have nothing to with your acceleration, that issues sounds like you need a tune up. If it is just your idle thats low you can try adjusting your idle screw, because if it was adjusted previously with a dirty IACV it needs to be adjusted to suit the clean IACV.

93b18tegg

when did i say i was running on three cylinders?
and ill do tune up tomorrow and accelerations good after 2500rmp b4 its choppy

93b18tegg

no engine light acclerations good after 2500rmps b4 that its choppy and illl try and set the idle higher