I Need Help 2001 Teggy

bmascarenas00

I Have An 01' GSR and basically what happened was my car wasnt starting and i couldnt figure it out so i took it to a Honda dealer and they got it to start and basically told me they needed 4more hours to work on it at $120 an hour to make it "perfect" they said. so i told them no and took my car, well since i got it back whenever i start up my car and for the first 10 minutes of driving it, theres a rattling like sound coming from under the hood somewhere it almost sounds like a piece of paper flapping in the wind. It only doesnt for like 10 mins then it goes away. Does anyone know what it is?? helppp pleeeease, thankkss.

mirrorimg

You can ask them to give you a diagnostic report or inform you of the things that need to be fixed. That might cost $50, but certainly not $500.

The flapping noise... You can probably pinpoint it if you put your head in your engine bay and listen around for it.

bmascarenas00

You can ask them to give you a diagnostic report or inform you of the things that need to be fixed. That might cost $50, but certainly not $500.

The flapping noise... You can probably pinpoint it if you put your head in your engine bay and listen around for it.

on the report it says that car has lots of aftermarket wiring. got car to start, need minimum four hours to fully diagnose problem.

and the only thing about that is it only makes the sound when im driving. maybe if i have someone rev the engine while i listen, ill try that.

mirrorimg

on the report it says that car has lots of aftermarket wiring. got car to start, need minimum four hours to fully diagnose problem.

and the only thing about that is it only makes the sound when im driving. maybe if i have someone rev the engine while i listen, ill try that.
You can blip the throttle from the engine bay. Its a cable that runs from the pedal to the throttle body, which is at the opening on the intake manifold.

Do you know what the wiring is or where it is located? It may be an alarm some one installed, or it could be neons and crap under the seats. "Lots of wiring" doesnt really say anything if we dont know where it is, or what its hooked up to.

Last edited:

bmascarenas00

You can blip the throttle from the engine bay. Its a cable that runs from the pedal to the throttle body, which is at the opening on the intake manifold.

Do you know what the wiring is or where it is located? It may be an alarm some one installed, or it could be neons and crap under the seats. "Lots of wiring" doesnt really say anything if we dont know where it is, or what its hooked up to.

okay cool ill do that, thanks.

no i asked him but he wouldnt be specific with me, he wouldnt even tell me what he did exactly to get the car to start, he just kept insisting i need to leave it with them.

forrest12

sounds liek its the wireing to the plugs and that knocking might be one of the cylinders not firing right. due to bad wireing or bad spark plug maby? im not sure sounds like our getting ripped off

SilverSophie

when i was changing out my header on my teg, i ran an "open header" for a couple hours. It made the awful sound your describing. like a piece of paper violently flapping in the wind when i accelerated, but sounded fine when i wasnt moving just revving.... look into that. jack your car up and make sure your header is connected fully and tightly to the cat and so on out through the exhaust....
that may help. doesnt explain the starting issue though.

mdan9193

Mdan
That's funny I am experiencing that fluttering sound as well, only when I hit the accelerator slowly I will hear it, not when I'm at a stop or revving, and only happens for a couple secs the if I let go of the accelerator and push harder it will stop. Wonder what it is

rockadilla

thats right.
Same noise happened to me, it was the exhaust, it had a small tear in it and the noise was a piece of metal flapping in the wind