I need help with suspension noises

Zachc6464

So I just installed the Eibach pro-system and I am hearing squeeking and sometime driving over dips I hear a knock.

I haven't driven much since I put them on so do I need to break them in? Or what is making these noises

SoundEfx

Did you use and old mounts or anything like that?

Try to pin point which one is making the noise and whether or not it's upper or lower.

Then look at the area to determine whether it's metal on metal or rubber rubbing on metal.

What does the noise sound like?

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Squeaking could be normal from the bushings. If the knock is coming from your front end, you're probably hitting your bump stops on the shock tower

Zachc6464

Did you use and old mounts or anything like that?

Try to pin point which one is making the noise and whether or not it's upper or lower.

Then look at the area to determine whether it's metal on metal or rubber rubbing on metal.

What does the noise sound like?
It sounds like squeaking from the back right and left when go over anything

SoundEfx

1. Check your bushings.
2. Make sure that everything is tightened correctly.

Nick_C78

Should i spray the bushings with the silicon spray or whatever? Does the bolt on the very top have to be tightened as much as possible
There is a torque spec it is suppose to be set to, but i forgot. Just tighten it until its pretty snug. Thats the best advice I can give without spending time finding the torque spec, which you can do. Squeaking is likely old bushings, or if you have prothane style bushings, those squeak regardless.

Zachc6464

There is a torque spec it is suppose to be set to, but i forgot. Just tighten it until its pretty snug. Thats the best advice I can give without spending time finding the torque spec, which you can do. Squeaking is likely old bushings, or if you have prothane style bushings, those squeak regardless.
Theyre stock bushings, so il just tighten the top mount a little more and spray it down

SoundEfx

Are you sure that the knocking isn't the exhaust hitting your sway bar ( assuming you have one )?

I ask because right now, that is what is happening to me.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
Check your bushings to see if any are cracked or worn, replace any that are.
Move your exhaust around to see if it makes contact with anything (one of the hangar rods on my old exhaust used to hit the underbody and knock/rattle)

Also check for anything loose in your trunk area. Make sure the spare tire and jack are immobilized and the lug wrench isn't making the noise. This is a common problem for Miatas.

ArmyIntegra

Registered Teg Driver
Mine does the same and I have Eibach springs as well, I think mine's the bushings though, they're worn out.