I need info 90 Integra b17a1

new2fourcyl

new new newbie
I need any help or info I can get I am new to forums and new to foreign cars. I just purchased a 90 Integra with a b17a1 swap. I want to identify my trans and head. the car had everything done to it that is done now except I took off the Tokico blues and red tokico lowering springs however they were cut to be so low it was to impractical so i put some factory struts and springs on it just to work on it easier. the ac is deleted and the p/s as well but I need to know whereto go from here. Im lost lol

Cripton805

To make it plain and easy. You have one of Honda's rarest and best engines out there =)
Take care of it. I'm actually jelous because I'm a big fan of that engine. I would buy a DB2... I love G2's

Just google it or wikipedia is pretty accurate on it.

B17A1VTEC
Found in:
1992-1993 Integra GS-R (DB25)
Displacement: 1,678 cc (102.4 cu in)
Bore: 81 mm (3.189 in)
Stroke: 81.4 mm (3.205 in)
Rod/Stroke Ratio: 1.63
Rod Length: 132.28 mm (5.208 in)
Compression: 9.7:1
VTEC engagement @ 5500 rpm
Power: 160 hp (120 kW) @ 7600 rpm & 117 ft·lbf (159 N·m) @ 7000 rpm
Came equipped with the YS1 cable trans, which was different than other cable B-series transmissions as it has a different input shaft.

Last edited:
Ok and a db2 is a 92-93 Integra?
Yes and no. GSRs are DB2s, all other 92-93 Integras are DAs.
Your head is a PR3 casting(just like the B16 and B18C Type R).
The B17 is basically a stroked B16.

Last edited:
DB2 is the rarest of all integras

92-93 Integra GSR :D
There's less 92-93 GSR's than even TypeR DCs...

I wouldn't pick the B17 over the B18C5 or C, but as far as rarity... You got it.
Actually there were less USDM '97 ITRs than any other model of Integra. Other than that, yes it's the rarest.

new2fourcyl

new new newbie
Thank you guys for all the info very helpful. Now I need to decide weather to remove this engine and trans until I can find A db2 and just power this da9 with something else. Now I have the question raised in my head why the hell would someone put this motor in a da9? From what I have read there aremany other options with more power and no worry over destroying something that deserves some respect to be put back where it belongs.

new2fourcyl

new new newbie
Everyone around me keeps telling me to sell the motor for a profit but Im thinking I might try to trade it for something less rare and more fitting for my da9. gives me the chance to build a hot rod Integra and somebody else a chance to restoreI piece of history. I guess I will do my best to find a db2 but if all the numbers I read are correct finding an unmolested one is like trying to find a specific needle in a stack needles lol rare....but the again with my lack of knowlege in this area ignorance may be bliss lol. I greatly respect cars and there heritage I am definately a huge gear head just dontknow a damn thing about imports lol Id rather lose with class than win with something butchered up to be nothing but fast.

Cripton805

Actually there were less USDM '97 ITRs than any other model of Integra. Other than that, yes it's the rarest.
I meant ITR's as a whole.

That's why I said C5 & C "USDM & JDM"

Not only that, ITR's we're available in more countries.

The B17A1 was only available in the US and I think Canada.

The B17A1 is alot rarer than a B18C5.
Based on something logical too.
I'm pretty sure too that there are plenty less 92-93 GSR's than USDM ITR's anyway on the roads.
Due to them being crashed, thrashed, parted out, crushed & junked.
So yes... DB2's are actually rarer than USDM ITR's.
I don't know which had more made though since USDM had
98, 00, 01 ITR's & only 92, 93 GSR's

The B17A1 was made for the US because "American's" like torque and that's why the B17A1 was a variant from the already JDM B16A. It's just a stroked version and for once we got the good shit. lmao

http://www.cars-directory.net/history/honda/integra/

Last edited:

Cripton805

Thank you guys for all the info very helpful. Now I need to decide weather to remove this engine and trans until I can find A db2 and just power this da9 with something else. Now I have the question raised in my head why the hell would someone put this motor in a da9? From what I have read there aremany other options with more power and no worry over destroying something that deserves some respect to be put back where it belongs.
Most likely thing. The DB2 doesn't exist anymore & was crashed.
You can always swap in a B18A1 and go turbo. B18A1's are SUUUPER cheap. Don't trade dude. Whoever gets that motor will likely blow it.

Re-Build that B17A1 from every part and piece & keep it on the side until you finally decide you want the B17 back into the heart of your DA. The DB2 was almost exactly as a DA9, just with every option available and ABS. I wouldn't stress about it too much. Or you can make another DA show car on the side and have another as a beater =)

I always love to see a B17 at a Honda-Meet. I've only seen one in person that wasn't molested to hell & was my friends. Polished valve cover and pretty much is for show. I wouldn't sell that jewel of an engine... Even if I just had it stored.

Here's my strategy for my own.
I'm swapping in a B18C into my current GSR and having the B18C1 on the side.
I'm going to swap in ITR internals into the C1 and build it N/a to 200whp for the street.

SnD3

If you got rid of it, the feeling of utter fail would ensue you. lol I would keep it, not because it is a rare engine, but a strong, and rare engine! They are like a unicorn, or a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow... I have been looking for a nice one to drop in my DA for months now... Let me tell you, that if you get rid of it, sell it to me! lol

I meant ITR's as a whole.

That's why I said C5 & C "USDM & JDM"

Not only that, ITR's we're available in more countries.

The B17A1 was only available in the US and I think Canada.

The B17A1 is alot rarer than a B18C5.
Based on something logical too.
I'm pretty sure too that there are plenty less 92-93 GSR's than USDM ITR's anyway on the roads.
Due to them being crashed, thrashed, parted out, crushed & junked.
So yes... DB2's are actually rarer than USDM ITR's.
I don't know which had more made though since USDM had
98, 00, 01 ITR's & only 92, 93 GSR's

The B17A1 was made for the US because "American's" like torque and that's why the B17A1 was a variant from the already JDM B16A. It's just a stroked version and for once we got the good shit. lmao

http://www.cars-directory.net/history/honda/integra/
I know that you meant ITRs as a whole.
My point was that if you went year by year, the only car that is more of a unicorn than a 93 GSR is the 97 ITR.
I was aware of everything you said, but thanks for the refresher course.