I need new brakes, help me pick them out.

McMahon

JackTuned
I need all new brakes, calipers, pads, and rotors. I know nothing about brands, but I can change them easily.

Any companies I should look out for?

heykosal

Angkorian
I wanted bigger, stronger brakes, but I wasn't about to shell out thousands for a big brake kit. So I bought PowerSlot Plus rotors. They're larger diameter rotors and come with a bracket in order to use the stock calipers. Then just choose a good pad and you're good.

DC_Five_Earl

I wanted bigger, stronger brakes, but I wasn't about to shell out thousands for a big brake kit. So I bought PowerSlot Plus rotors. They're larger diameter rotors and come with a bracket in order to use the stock calipers. Then just choose a good pad and you're good.
Hey kosal would you did you go powerslot all around? Or just the front discs ?

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Powerslot or Brembo rotors - even Brembo blanks. For pads, I'd go with the Hawk HPS. They're much better than OEM or crappy Pep Boys replacement OEM pads, but they're still completely streetable. I'm using the HP+, which are excellent street/track pads but are overkill for most DD's.

Also, I'd change your brake fluid out for some ATE Superblue :thumbs up

You really don't need to change the calipers unless the car is going to be a major track machine.

BTW to use a big brake kit on the Integra you need to run 17's.

centric ceramic pads with stock blank rotors and some ELF dot 4 oil.. Bump to some SS braided brake hoses and be happy..

If you want Centric power slot rotors (NOT DRILLED) but then thats it IMO..

I also recommend not using the Super blue brake fluid YOU WONT NEED IT and for daily driving it is not that good.. plus it HAS to be changed out annually.

i would only use ceramic pads if you want to replace the rotors more often. For a DD you should be fine with semi metallic pads.

i would only use ceramic pads if you want to replace the rotors more often. For a DD you should be fine with semi metallic pads.
I don't know why people think that a QUALITY ceramic pad will not tare into the rotors AT ALL.. Ceramics are the top of line pad, they give NO DUST (unless u like cleaning the black death off of your rotors DAILY)

I have used ceramic pads on every car in the last 6 years I have changed pads on and ALL of my customers use ceramic pads.. I have changed out ceramic pads on a car with 45K on them and the rotors really didn't have to be touched (but I machined them anyways because u should NEVER pad slap)

That whole "ceramic eat rotors" is a FARSE and people who have never used them should not read into that hype...

remember if you buy the cheesiest of ANYTHING it will not be good.. you cant buy the autozone 19.00 ceramics.. you have to PAY MONEY to get quality stuff..

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
I also recommend not using the Super blue brake fluid YOU WONT NEED IT and for daily driving it is not that good.. plus it HAS to be changed out annually.
How is it not that good for daily driving? ATE is better in every category than OEM or cheap aftermarket fluid. I switched from OEM fluid to ATE and it actually improved pedal response and modulation slightly. Plus, the stuff will not fade. At the track I've driven my car to it's limit all day long - with stock lines - and no fade AT ALL thanks to ATE. The saturated boiling point alone is excellent; And for the price you can't beat it. I don't see how it could be 'not that good' for daily driving, or any driving that matter. Also, you only have to flush it annually (or more) if it's in a car that sees track time.

jznsn2u

I have experience with rotors, the oem gsr brake set up and also brembo drilled rotors f/r w/ brembo pads. Of course the brembo's are awesome but the price tag isn't too appealing. I've also been on the look out for a good set up on my gsr. So far the main one's i'm looking at are the R1concepts & EBC rotors. One of our vendors sell's r1concepts so check it out. The install should be fun. ^_^ good luck