I need turbo guru's

KaosTheory

DSMER
ok, at the moment, im looking for a turbo but have some questions answered.
1.what turbo is better, T3/T4, or T4?
2.whats best?
3.pistons?, what am i looking at for compression, im currently running stock B-18C internal's.
4.Im looking too get as much power as possible but still be streetable,and im currently looking for a transmission, im looking for B-16A, B-18C0,B-18C1, AND B-18C5, What has better gear ratios for a turbo setup(I blew the B-18C tranny) lol
5.i know im going to have to change, cams,pistons,rods, crank etc.. what brands are best?
thank's for any help
Kaos

GSROWNSU

KaosTheory said:
ok, at the moment, im looking for a turbo but have some questions answered.
1.what turbo is better, T3/T4, or T4?
2.whats best?
3.pistons?, what am i looking at for compression, im currently running stock B-18C internal's.
4.Im looking too get as much power as possible but still be streetable,and im currently looking for a transmission, im looking for B-16A, B-18C0,B-18C1, AND B-18C5, What has better gear ratios for a turbo setup(I blew the B-18C tranny) lol
5.i know im going to have to change, cams,pistons,rods, crank etc.. what brands are best?
thank's for any help
Kaos
Hey what's up man i'm learning too i'm planning on boosting my gsr so i can help you out w/ a few from what i've learned....
1. T3/T4 seems to be the most popular setup...if u wanted u could even go w/ a t3 for less turbo lag.
3. Crower makes good pistons and you would then be down to i think 9.5:1 or 9.1 compression depends on what u get.
4. Not sure on the this one idk alot about which gear ratio is gonna be the best for turbo.
5. Crower and Eagle make good internals for boosting your car.....you also might want to look into a new ecu such as hondata or aem.

hope i helped u a lil
Dan

KaosTheory

DSMER
GSROWNSU said:
Hey what's up man i'm learning too i'm planning on boosting my gsr so i can help you out w/ a few from what i've learned....
1. T3/T4 seems to be the most popular setup...if u wanted u could even go w/ a t3 for less turbo lag.
3. Crower makes good pistons and you would then be down to i think 9.5:1 or 9.1 compression depends on what u get.
4. Not sure on the this one idk alot about which gear ratio is gonna be the best for turbo.
5. Crower and Eagle make good internals for boosting your car.....you also might want to look into a new ecu such as hondata or aem.

hope i helped u a lil
Dan
thanks for the info, i was only wanting the t3/t4 because on stock boost ur pushing i think 20 more hp then a t3..or so i heard...i was thinking arias pistons and eagle rod's but ill look in to crower..thanks for the info
T-VO

Baldy201

Ok you may not like my answer but you need to know what kind of HP you are looking for. Cause with diffrent turbos you can get 400 hp or you can get 200 hp. How much "lag" are you willing to except? full spool by 2500 or 3500? I can recomend companys for internals, like eagle, CP Weisco, Crower. You will need engine management I am going with Uberdata cause it is free and can tune by my self. Or there is Hondata, Chrome.

Matticus

I would stick with a gsr tranny, I will be building a gsr tranny with LS 4th and 5th for my race car (4.40 final drive with a little longer 4th and 5th). To me I will need the longer 4th and 5th cuz I dont want the car to top out at like 130 (just an example) or something dumb like that.